Yamaha Reveals Entirely New 2007 R1 Superbike

Manic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2007, the R1 also gets throttle-by-wire similar to the system found on the R6 last year. The powerful chip reads throttle position changes every 1000th of a second. The new R1 will also come with a stock ramp-type slipper clutch for smoother downshifts and corner entry. Radiator capacity is up by 13%, and the exhaust system (titanium, except for a stainless mid-pipe and catalyst) is redesigned for 2007.

Net effect of these engine changes (and others we will discuss after we test the bike) is a claimed increase in power across the board (low-end, mid-range and top-end power). Peak power is said to increase by 5hp to 178hp at the crank.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/09october06_2007yamaha_r1.htm

Those bikes are hot......... I just wish they could make 'em a bit bigger without sacrificing weight....... I get on one of those and I feel like a Hippo trying to procreate with a cricket.

SD

Silent D said:
Those bikes are hot......... I just wish they could make 'em a bit bigger without sacrificing weight....... I get on one of those and I feel like a Hippo trying to procreate with a cricket.

SD
Just imagine what I would feel like.:D

I have a old ZX11 and that is pretty comfortable for me.

UNIBOY said:
Just imagine what I would feel like.:D
Electra Glide my Friend, that's what you need. The Street Glide is real nice, if I could swing it I would have one. Anybody wanna buy my Road Glide? LOL I would like to ride one of these though, sounds like fun.

UNIBOY said:
I have a old ZX11 and that is pretty comfortable for me.

The ZZR1200 is based on the ZX11 when the ZX-12 came out.

Both bikes rock! I would definately be a proud owner of either...

Will

OCBob said:
Electra Glide my Friend, that's what you need. The Street Glide is real nice, if I could swing it I would have one. Anybody wanna buy my Road Glide? LOL I would like to ride one of these though, sounds like fun.
What the heck is a Electra Glide:confused: Is it a vacuum cleaner?:D :p

Manic said:
The ZZR1200 is based on the ZX11 when the ZX-12 came out.

Both bikes rock! I would definately be a proud owner of either...

Will

Eggs Zachary.............I loved my old ZX11.............Wish I'd never sold it....

But I do love my ZZR12.......................Moonlight Silver.....only a few of 'em...

SD

Silent D said:
Eggs Zachary.............I loved my old ZX11.............Wish I'd never sold it....

But I do love my ZZR12.......................Moonlight Silver.....only a few of 'em...

SD

A friend of mine is rebuilding a ZX-11 from a box of parts he received from a dealership in Calgary. Beautiful bike, even in pieces. I have have first dibs when he gets it back together.

Will

Manic said:
A friend of mine is rebuilding a ZX-11 from a box of parts he received from a dealership in Calgary. Beautiful bike, even in pieces. I have have first dibs when he gets it back together.

Will
I have to get mine running again. That was a fun bike.

UNIBOY said:
What the heck is a Electra Glide:confused: Is it a vacuum cleaner?:D :p

Nobody's gonna throw out the old "How is a Harley different from a vacuum cleaner?" joke?

R1's are some of the nicest looking bikes out there right now, IMHO.

eddie102870 said:
electrolux, ive always been scared of those ass skinners.
Nowwhat and VPRPWR told me they use that for enlargement purposes and it works very well according to what they told me.:dontknow: :D :p

UNIBOY said:
Nowwhat and VPRPWR told me they use that for enlargement purposes and it works very well according to what they told me.:dontknow: :D :p
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My R1 weighs 400 lbs gassed up, (yes it took a lot of work to get it that light) and makes about 165 HP. I love the damn thing, This new R1 should be a real blast to ride.

Bill.

Im not to fond of the drive-by-wire system...i would rather have a standard throttle cable. You can adjust the pcm too much with an electronic throttle....

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back