Suspension Time

That’s a heck of a price ! Looks like a solid deal ! Detroit axle appears to be a solid brand ! Walmart sells lots name brand items .

It seems almost too good to be true right? I feel like there's a slim chance those parts bolt right up like oem

Maybe since the recent update they are moving the threads? You should be able to use classifieds and Do it yourself once a supporting member
I became a supporting member. Still have insufficient privileges to post on my sale ad. Hopefully a mod can chime in...

It seems almost too good to be true right? I feel like there's a slim chance those parts bolt right up like oem
I will be finding out when I order my Dakota arts . I’m going to get the similar set just to have the parts for later ,, I only need the tie rod ends and sway bar ends for the Dakota.. they are Detroit Axle I believe and the set was something like 57$ ..

I just talked to an avid auto repair neighbor..and asked him about Detroit axle ,, he says he has heard of them and used them the quality is excellent .. he stated rock auto does not have the better prices and terrible prices on many things ..

I became a supporting member. Still have insufficient privileges to post on my sale ad. Hopefully a mod can chime in...
I just talked to an avid auto repair neighbor..and asked him about Detroit axle ,, he says he has heard of them and used them the quality is excellent .. he stated rock auto does not have the better prices and terrible prices on many things ..
Nice! Good to b know!

Nice! Good to b know!
Yes .. year ago the part owner and head Mechanic ,, an old fart even back then to me … told me that ball bearings are only made by 3 companies in the world that supplies every company that sells them ,, like Moog , Dorman etc .. they just sell and brand their name to them ! Just the middle men !

Yes .. year ago the part owner and head Mechanic ,, an old fart even back then to me … told me that ball bearings are only made by 3 companies in the world that supplies every company that sells them ,, like Moog , Dorman etc .. they just sell and brand their name to them ! Just the middle men !

My nephew says that about 12v batteries too I wonder if that's true?

Probably many things work that way. I think even appliances do to some extent

Suspension done. All up and running. Just need to get a wheel alignment.
Much better ride, the bang and shudder has gone when going over bumps. All shocks were stuffed at 78000 miles, really 10k ago. Interesting tho the tierods in the kit are too long. The new top arm is cast steel not aluminium like the OEM. Is it stronger? Who knows.

Walmart never used to send to NZ. Dunno if they do now
Rockauto do, so we are a bit limited

Suspension done. All up and running. Just need to get a wheel alignment.
Much better ride, the bang and shudder has gone when going over bumps. All shocks were stuffed at 78000 miles, really 10k ago. Interesting tho the tierods in the kit are too long. The new top arm is cast steel not aluminium like the OEM. Is it stronger? Who knows.
Nice ! Have pics of the process or finished project ?

No idea if it really matter with the aluminum vs the cast steel except possibly weight savings and some less stress on the over all suspension .. the upper control arm is not the load arm the lower is . Then there’s the cool more expensive looking factor with the aluminum upper control arm . You can get either type if we choose!

Walmart never used to send to NZ. Dunno if they do now
Rockauto do, so we are a bit limited
Huh what , you mean Walmarts aren’t on every corner in the world hahaha ! They call it Wally World for a reason lol

Nice ! Have pics of the process or finished project ?

No idea if it really matter with the aluminum vs the cast steel except possibly weight savings and some less stress on the over all suspension .. the upper control arm is not the load arm the lower is . Then there’s the cool more expensive looking factor with the aluminum upper control arm . You can get either type if we choose!
Aluminum won't rust lol

Cast steel must be cheaper to produce them than aluminum these days

Had truck on a hoist on Saturday 13th April. Found all boots on top and bottom ball joints are torn, so it is time.....Have bought a 10pcs front suspension kit and lower control arm bushes. 4 new Bilsteins, diff cover gasket and a bottom radiator hose
From Rockauto. Will be here in a week by DHL
I am glad to be buying the original Shocks as that is part of the 10 build.
B O O M !!!!!
Kiwi when you are done with the repairs, I can firmly conclude the 10 will be fine as frog hair. Fords and Monaro's BOLO lol!!!

Huh what , you mean Walmarts aren’t on every corner in the world hahaha ! They call it Wally World for a reason lol
Used to love Wally World, where else can you buy groceries at 2am.
There are no parts for our trucks in NZ. It is always a game to work out the landed price in NZ. Rockauto have the best freight deal with DHL. Sometimes that wins over the shop price. It is a shame I would rather support JTS or JMB. I have been shopping out of Rockauto for 10 years now. Firstly for the 68 Riviera, then SAAB, BMW, Jeep now truck.
One does have to be careful with LHD and RHD sensitive components, otherwise you end up with more expensive garage ornaments. Yes I do have a few.

Hahahaha! Expensive garage ornaments for sure!
My second car was a 1968 Buick Riviera - loved that luxury yacht!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back