X Metal Shifter Back In!!

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being today was a holiday I thought I would celebrate and re install Boomer gen 1 shifter. I had taken it out last April when I took my truck in for the rear main seal leak......well, three visits back to the dealer over many months...... I finally put it back in.:D :D :D :D :rock: Oh yes, this is sooooooooo much better than the stocker. Wow what a difference, and yes this is the gen 1 shifter. Yes it does have a little noise but thats just music to my ears baby!!!

I love holidays!!!:rock:

patrick

Dude it takes like 45 minutes if your slow and methodical like me. Most people do it in less than 30. Very simple and easy. I just kept having to go over to my neighbors house for the tools!!! LOL

patrick

I was going to put it in all weekend, and some how got side tracked every time I went to start. I get it in tomorrow I hope.

Patrick, I have the same problem...but it is not to get tools, it is to look at my neighbors wife.

Maybe we should start a thread with pictures of neighbor wives...not those kind of pictures just nice ones...oh hell, forget it, I know where Silverback would take that thread!

Well then. Shifter + Broke-in 4.88's = (Waiting for Maui to fill this spot in:dontknow: )

patrick you got a track out there???? i am lovin the new shifter....did the gen 1 come w/ a new base or just the lever?

Rice Eater said:
patrick you got a track out there???? i am lovin the new shifter....did the gen 1 come w/ a new base or just the lever?

It is a complete shifter base and all. Obviously not as advanced as yours but still way better than the stocker.

Yes I do have a track here. My best time was 13.5 with the catback and K & N. I have not been back since frying my clutch last year. I will probably run her again this winter when the air is better and my cats are history. Right now the air is too humid.

Mike you are a funny guy!!!! The tires spin way easier with the gears thats for sure!!! Way way easier!!! LOL

patrick

Glad you got it back the way it should be ;)

You should be putting down some nice slips this winter with the new mods :D

Boomer is so busy right now it is not funny. He will get everything out to you, just be patient, I am waiting also.

Bill.

mauiSRT/10 said:
It is a complete shifter base and all. Obviously not as advanced as yours but still way better than the stocker.

Yes I do have a track here. My best time was 13.5 with the catback and K & N. I have not been back since frying my clutch last year. I will probably run her again this winter when the air is better and my cats are history. Right now the air is too humid.

Mike you are a funny guy!!!! The tires spin way easier with the gears thats for sure!!! Way way easier!!! LOL

patrick

wow a 1/4 mile track on Maui!! I'd have never guessed that! Is it near Lahina? Thats the only area I have ever been to...made it down to Kihe sp? for a kyak adventure. a 13.5 is a dam good time....couldn't have been that cold!

Rice Eater said:
wow a 1/4 mile track on Maui!! I'd have never guessed that! Is it near Lahina? Thats the only area I have ever been to...made it down to Kihe sp? for a kyak adventure. a 13.5 is a dam good time....couldn't have been that cold!

No it wasnt cold, in the 70's.

Strip is located near Kihei. Its an old WW II airstrip repaved and set up quite nice. The pic at the bottom of my posts show it. You can see Mt Haleakala in the background. We have races Feb thru Nov, once a month on the third weekend. Both Friday and Sat night. I have not raced this year for various reasons but I always attend. Its great fun watching. When your racing you dont get to watch near as much.

How long ago were you on Maui and where did you stay?

The red truck was a 58 and had a 502 in it. Very clean and ran mid 12's. Had huge drag radials in the back....very cool looking.

Beach pic is Kaanapali beach looking toward Black Rock and the Sheraton Hotel. The island of Molokai is in the background. Other pic is Front St. in Lahaina.

patrick

Begood said:
Boomer is so busy right now it is not funny. He will get everything out to you, just be patient, I am waiting also.

Bill.
thanks bill, yes its been well, rather insane. i am putting together a HUGE batch of them late this week, i lost a few days when my custom made bearings showed up, custom made WRONG.:mad:
they say they have the right ones coming, but its been an ordeal to say the least. i spent all day tuesday just chasing down componet parts that where over due getting here. things are coming together now. i ordered a massive amount of extra everything so i wont run low for a while...............i hope!!

mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick
pat, rachel and i were going to schedule our trip we won again for january to maui. is that a good time to come over?

BOOMER said:
pat, rachel and i were going to schedule our trip we won again for january to maui. is that a good time to come over?

Oh yeah. Temps are cooler...............highs about 80!!!!:rock: LOL

We do get our rain in the winter, so you could have some cloudy or rainy days, but not to worry. When your on vacation, relaxing is the key!!!

patrick

Sorry, I did'nt want to make it out to sound like I was bitchen, its just listening to everyone talk about these shifters Boomer makes gets me all excited to try it out. I will sit in my truck and wait patiently.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back