True Ram Air???

Silverback said:
Calm down?:dontknow: Hell, I'm just getting started.

Work just went to hell in a hand basket here. I will get back to you just as soon as I can. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.

THATS FINE, JUST MESSING WITH YA!!:burnout:

wont grow old said:
...JUST MESSING WITH YA!!:burnout:

High Risk Move...that's the 900 lb gorilla that makes Jim Morrison's junk yard dog seem like a cocker spaniel!

Silverback said:
Calm down?:dontknow: Hell, I'm just getting started.

Work just went to hell in a hand basket here. I will get back to you just as soon as I can. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.

:laugh: Who shit in your cheerios? Did you pop a vain in your forehead while typing that? :laugh:

Yes, I mispoke. I was wrong. My understanding of a cowl vented hood vs. a cowl induction hood had me confused and the area under the windshield is definitely a high static pressure area....Agreed.

Now....calm the f*ck down. You'll live longer.

Prof said:
High Risk Move...that's the 900 lb gorilla that makes Jim Morrison's junk yard dog seem like a cocker spaniel!

YEAH, I CAN RUN PRETTY QUICK FOR A WHITE GUY!!:burnout:

vvv90 said:
...Actually you've got it backwards.

vvv90, when I saw those words I thought that the Mt. Vesuvius explosion might be minor compared to what was about to come from Silverback...be careful lad, you were messing with the south end of a north bound continuously menstruating rattlesnake...but he was very calm...you are very lucky.

Roy

I imagine that he has huge "testes"...kinda fun talking about him while he tries to save his company from making mistakes...I bet when he walks thru the halls, people scatter like quail flushed by a good dog!

vvv90 said:
:rofl: You guys do realize you're on the Internet right? :rofl:

His long arms have enormous reach...and he is technically capable of reaching nearly everyone.

Silverback is jsut on of those guys that has a great wealth of knowledge

and deserves a huge amount of respect:rock:

Just watch his wrath when he dont get his bannana:D

Prof said:
I imagine that he has huge "testes"...kinda fun talking about him while he tries to save his company from making mistakes...I bet when he walks thru the halls, people scatter like quail flushed by a good dog!

They are pouring approximately 1300 cubic yards of concrete in the next bay over from my office. So far I have had 3 people ask me if I want to go over there for a nice relaxing "Mud Bath" to ease my tension.

Somehow I think they have alterior motives.:eek: :D :rock:

Stinker said:
Silverback is jsut on of those guys that has a great wealth of knowledge

and deserves a huge amount of respect:rock:

Just watch his wrath when he dont get his bannana:D

Thanks for the kind words Stinker. :rock: :rock:

Still got the ram air test video around here somewhere John..I can try and host it somewhere.

vvv90 said:
:laugh: Who shit in your cheerios? Did you pop a vain in your forehead while typing that? :laugh:

Yes, I mispoke. I was wrong. My understanding of a cowl vented hood vs. a cowl induction hood had me confused and the area under the windshield is definitely a high static pressure area....Agreed.

Now....calm the f*ck down. You'll live longer.

Okay, one at a time here.

Who shit in my cheerios? You did by asking a question and when you got the answer you wanted to argue about it when you were ignorant on the subject. Please remember that "Ignorant" is not the same as stupid. I don't want to get into that one with you.

Nope, no veins popping out at this time. Maybe the vein on my dick later, but that's none of your business.

Calm the F*ck down?:dontknow: Why?:confused: I love a good lively debate now and then. So, want to have a battle of the wits with a monkey?:D

Live longer? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: Who the hell cares. I enjoy life today, as I may be taken out by some dumb asshole tomorrow.

So, you ready for round 2?;) :D

wont grow old said:
ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO PLUG SNORKEL OPENING.
YOU GUYS GOT ME THINKING.I MAY TRY RUNNING WITHOUT
THE SNORKEL AND SEE IF IT MAKES ANY DIFF.WHEN I TAKE IT OFF,
LEAVE THE HOLE OPEN OR SHOULD I COVER IT.
DONT GET PISSED SILVERMAN!! JUST ASKING A ???

Okay, now to the serious part of this thread.

You have the Volant CAI which is drawing air from the hood scoop. I know this is going to sound like I'm contradicting myself, but I'm not really.

When you bury your foot in the throttle you will in essense create a low pressure area within the intake system which means you will be drawing air from the scoop area. Now the difference is that it's still not a "Ram Air" system which is always a High Pressure area regardless of what is happening. You will receive plenty of air and the engine will not go rich on you because of lack of air, but it's not receiving a Ram Air or Boost condition.

Does that make sense?

There are many people that have the Volant CAI and love it. Me? Personally I like the stock system as it is located in a high pressure area and seems to function great.

So the short answer is don't do anything. Any changes you would make would be in the area of a couple HP if that.

Enjoy your truck and have fun with the ricers and Fords.

Silverback said:

You have the Volant CAI which is drawing air from the hood scoop. I know this is going to sound like I'm contradicting myself, but I'm not really.

When you bury your foot in the throttle you will in essense create a low pressure area within the intake system which means you will be drawing air from the scoop area. Now the difference is that it's still not a "Ram Air" system which is always a High Pressure area regardless of what is happening. You will receive plenty of air and the engine will not go rich on you because of lack of air, but it's not receiving a Ram Air or Boost condition.

Does that make sense?

There are many people that have the Volant CAI and love it. Me? Personally I like the stock system as it is located in a high pressure area and seems to function great.

So the short answer is don't do anything. Any changes you would make would be in the area of a couple HP if that.

Silverback , if i put my wifes hairdryer upfront the hoodscoop , do i have than a ram air situation ? For me the same, if nessecary my wife included. :dontknow:

Silverback said:

Does that make sense?

THANKYOU FOR THE ANSWER SILVER MAN.LOW PRESSURE/HIGH PRESSURE
SOUNDS LIKE A WEATHER FORECAST.TOO MUCH INFO FOR ME.I THINK I WILL JUST LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE AND ENJOY THE SOUND.
TWO BANANAS FOR YOU MY FRIEND AND THANKS:rock:

belgiumbarry said:
Silverback , if i put my wifes hairdryer upfront the hoodscoop , do i have than a ram air situation ? For me the same, if nessecary my wife included. :dontknow:

They have found that a Leaf Blower works better than a Hair Dryer.;)

But then in my case I have to use a Leaf Blower as a Hair Dryer.:eek: :D :p

I prefer the stock location as well. That leaves the hood opening clear to cool the top of the intake (which has lots of surface area). For every 11°F drop in intake temp, you get about 1% HP gain. It only works while you're moving though. If you're sitting in the staging lanes, the heat will soak up to the intake and you'll lose this benefit which won't be recovered in a 1/4 mile. It's more of a road-race benefit.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back