New Old R/T Coming To The Stables!

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much debate, Shelly and I decided to say the hell with finding a '68 Charger with a nice enough body for a restoration, and just get one that's done. After further debate, we opted for an original vs. a resto-mod.

It may not have a Hemi, but it has virtually every option available for the '68 model year. Air, cruise, power windows, power steering, power brakes, power antenna, AM 8-Track (gotta find my Ted Nugent and Styx tapes :D ), center console, hood turn signals... Engine & trans are numbers matching, and have been rebuilt.

Best of all, it matches the truck.:rock:

DriverSide.jpg

Interior.jpg

EngineCompartment.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Hood.jpg

PassengerThreeQuarterWithTrophy.jpg

i am beggining not to like you:p

Ram From Hell said:
After much debate, Shelly and I decided to say the hell with finding a '68 Charger with a nice enough body for a restoration, and just get one that's done. After further debate, we opted for an original vs. a resto-mod.

It may not have a Hemi, but it has virtually every option available for the '68 model year. Air, cruise, power windows, power steering, power brakes, power antenna, AM 8-Track (gotta find my Ted Nugent and Styx tapes :D ), center console, hood turn signals... Engine & trans are numbers matching, and have been rebuilt.

Best of all, it matches the truck.:rock:

DriverSide.jpg

Interior.jpg

EngineCompartment.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Hood.jpg

PassengerThreeQuarterWithTrophy.jpg

UMM THE TASTE IS GREAT, IT THIS ONE...............

Looks great man.....................can you clue us in on it's value.

bigike said:
UMM THE TASTE IS GREAT, IT THIS ONE...............

Looks great man.....................can you clue us in on it's value.
expensive...lol im guessing40 to 60 ish dont know if its numbers matching. awesome looking car bro. :rock:

eddie102870 said:
expensive...lol im guessing40 to 60 ish dont know if its numbers matching. awesome looking car bro. :rock:

Low average asking price for a restored, numbers-matching '68 440 R/T has been hovering around 40-45k. I've seen asking prices at classic car dealerships upwards of 55k recently though.

So considering that this car is absolutely loaded (according to a chat the owner had with Galen Govier, there are about 5 R/T's known with all available options except Hemi selected), the sheetmetal is all original, and has a reasonable 133k miles, I think I did OK at 40k (plus the seller is splitting the cost of covered transport).

The part that hurts is that I agreed to sell all of my other projects, parts, and vehicles (except the SRT, and the Vette which is her's anyway). But it's just as well. I wouldn't want to go into debt for another car right now anyway.

The car needs a few small detail items like the warning and fluids stickers, jack and spare and instruction sticker, and the instrument cluster has some gauges with yellowed screening on them. Fortunately I already have a fully restored instrument cluster I can drop in. It's also ready for an A/C recharge, and it would be nice to install the original style battery as well. Depending on just how good the paint is, I might have the top coat rubbed out and put it on a diet of Zaino. Other than that, it's quite complete and ready for show.

I've only seen two 68-70 Chargers in my area in nice condition, and neither were R/T's. Should pull some nice crowds at the local show-n-shines this spring. The seller said he'd typically have people around the car before he could even get the car in the gate at some local shows.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to rolling in a Charger again, and spending some nice time cruising with my wife. It's been close to 20 years since we've had a running, driving Charger.:D

Ram From Hell said:
Low average asking price for a restored, numbers-matching '68 440 R/T has been hovering around 40-45k. I've seen asking prices at classic car dealerships upwards of 55k recently though.

So considering that this car is absolutely loaded (according to a chat the owner had with Galen Govier, there are about 5 R/T's known with all available options except Hemi selected), the sheetmetal is all original, and has a reasonable 133k miles, I think I did OK at 40k (plus the seller is splitting the cost of covered transport).

The part that hurts is that I agreed to sell all of my other projects, parts, and vehicles (except the SRT, and the Vette which is her's anyway). But it's just as well. I wouldn't want to go into debt for another car right now anyway.

The car needs a few small detail items like the warning and fluids stickers, jack and spare and instruction sticker, and the instrument cluster has some gauges with yellowed screening on them. Fortunately I already have a fully restored instrument cluster I can drop in. It's also ready for an A/C recharge, and it would be nice to install the original style battery as well. Depending on just how good the paint is, I might have the top coat rubbed out and put it on a diet of Zaino. Other than that, it's quite complete and ready for show.

I've only seen two 68-70 Chargers in my area in nice condition, and neither were R/T's. Should pull some nice crowds at the local show-n-shines this spring. The seller said he'd typically have people around the car before he could even get the car in the gate at some local shows.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to rolling in a Charger again, and spending some nice time cruising with my wife. It's been close to 20 years since we've had a running, driving Charger.:D
you did good bro. thats a awesome piece of mochenery...lol

Ram From Hell said:

One thing for you to consider.

I was a Zaino fan for many years, and then I tried Griot's Polish/Wax and I'm much happier with the results than Zaino. It's now the only stuff I use on the Cobra. The other thing I like about it is I can stop by their store in Fife to buy it.

Once again, great looking car Eric.:congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back