a suitable replacement for the factory subwoofer amp?

5_0_BAIT said:
Sanchoba. No not yet. This new job is more work than I imagined. The box is in my garage next to the brakes I bought six months ago from Stinker, the 1200 degree wires I bought 7 months ago, and the solenoids for my transmission are sitting next to me on my computer desk:( :( :(

This new job has really given me the motivation to start my own business. I have always wanted to do it. Tired of working my ass off for someone else.
If I am gonna work 70 hours a week and get paid for 45 then it just ain't worth it (pays the bills though:D ) Probably TMI but just thought I would tell the truth. All of my projects seem to be on hold. Free time seems to be rare these days.
I think we all do it at least once. The last car audio shop i worked for it was real common to shut down at 2 am most of the time but my checks remained the same . Never could figure that one out cheapest thing i worked on in a year was a Denali that someone bought for there secretary to do errands But i couldn't get raise one :( I figured if i had to work on 100,000 dollar cars i should be able to buy one:D

Stinker said:
if I am not mistaken there is a sub upgrade including amp for the rams that connects to the oem wiring harness, I could be mistaken tho:dontknow:
They do. I had the entire Kicker system from mopar. It sound okay, the sub was meh..alright. Nothing reat. For the money thesub and amp cost, you can get a much better aftermarket sub and amp package.

Yep SANTEEN is right the Kicker setup is nice but ain't cheap. You can do the setup mentioned before for about the same price but it will be alot deeper and louder.

after considering all the advise i've been givin' (thanks very much to all!!!:rock: ), i've decided to go with the following:

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/RFL300D_amp.cfm

10" sub: http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products.php?Family_Id=2&Product_Id=12

i'm having a local car audio friend of mine make me the box to replace the stock one & give me help on the install if needed......... :) cost of parts is in the $300.00 range... heard this setup in a durango with the stock head unit, sounded really good...... my guy said if he were doing this for a customer, he'd charge ~$500.00 for labor for a complete install (guess i'm buyin' da beer.:D )...... i'm gonna try & finish this by tomorrow, pics to follow. :)

Last edited:
moparracing said:
after considering all the advise i've been givin' (thanks very much to all!!!:rock: ), i've decided to go with the following:

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/RFL300D_amp.cfm

10" sub: http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products.php?Family_Id=2

i'm having a local car audio friend of mine make me the box to replace the stock one & give me help on the install if needed......... :) cost of parts is in the $300.00 range... heard this setup in a durango with the stock head unit, sounded really good...... my guy said if he were doing this for a customer, he'd charge ~$500.00 for labor for a complete install (guess i'm buyin' da beer.:D )...... i'm gonna try & finish this by tomorrow, pics to follow. :)
That will rock bro. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Oh yeah, Almost forgot. The factory head unit pretty much sucks, Maybe he can help you out there?:D

moparracing said:
that was what i am trying to keep, i like my RBQ......... :)
You must have read all the trouble we have had, And also the I-pod compatibility? Not trying to rain on your parade, But the head unit is not that good.

JRSVIPR said:
You must have read all the trouble we have had, And also the I-pod compatibility? Not trying to rain on your parade, But the head unit is not that good.
honestly, i don't recall any threads about RBQ's crappin' out, i musta missed 'em. :dontknow:

the point to my thread was a fairly cheap alternative to get good sub sound with the stock head unit as fairly priced as i could get...... i'm only going to be out ~$300.00 to get really good base, i can always upgrade the head unit later if i wanna spend da bucks.... right now, i'm savin' for my nitrous build. ;) :D

moparracing said:
honestly, i don't recall any threads about RBQ's crappin' out, i musta missed 'em. :dontknow:

the point to my thread was a fairly cheap alternative to get good sub sound with the stock head unit as fairly priced as i could get...... i'm only going to be out ~$300.00 to get really good base, i can always upgrade the head unit later if i wanna spend da bucks.... right now, i'm savin' for my nitrous build. ;) :D
10/4 sorry.

moparracing said:
it's all good, i respect your opinion.:)
I am on my 3rd one, And the only reason this one is good is because it's in a box in the garage. Never had a cd in it.:rock:

Randy if you ever have the desire to change out the door, dash and rear speakers its quite simple. I posted a couple of threads on how to do it. It made a huge difference IMO in sound quality. Am able to turn up the volume (clearly) and get the crappy sub to move some air.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back