Happy birthday Django

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many candles was it this time? I lost count :D
have a beer instead, enjoy the day !!!
:elefant: :birthday: :birthday: :elefant: :birthday: :birthday: :elefant: :birthday: :birthday: :elefant: :birthday: :birthday: :elefant: :birthday: :birthday: :elefant:

What....again....?>......man you just had one.....:D

happy B-day you crazy Sicilian....:rock: :rock: ....now go buy yourself that vette....

Nowwhat said:
What....again....?>......man you just had one.....:D

happy B-day you crazy Sicilian....:rock: :rock: ....now go buy yourself that vette....
Maybe a cool slightly used Hair piece as well ;) :p Happy B-Day Guido :rock:

Hapie Birth'indayz Bozz, what iz it yuz 110th now :D :D :D

Rochester here, always near.

It's actually tomorrow.......... But it's already tomorrow somewhere......:dontknow:

Thanks for the nice wishes y'all......... I love you folks.... that includes flchub, too.....;)

No horseshit....:eek:

D

grats on making it this long :D :D :D :D no need for a :nurse: yet

Django said:
It's actually tomorrow.......... But it's already tomorrow somewhere......:dontknow:

Thanks for the nice wishes y'all......... I love you folks.... that includes flchub, too.....;)

No horseshit....:eek:

D
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Timmy, Happy Birthday to you AND MANY MORE. Love from me and Rochester :rock: :rock:

I looked up a special Sicilian cake recipe for your special day, but the trick is getting Lynettie to bake it all up for you :D :D :D

Pan Di Spanga

2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
5 large eggs, separated
1 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan (the original suggested lining with buttered parchment but I did not have any).

In a small bowl stir together flour and cornstarch.

In bowl with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip egg yolks and half the sugar and the vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes, until they are light and fluffy.

In another bowl, with whisk attachment for electric mixer, whip the egg whites and salt on medium speed until white and opaque. Add remaining sugar 1 tbsp. at a time, and continue whipping until whites hold firm peak when whisk is lifted.

Using a large rubber spatula, fold yolk mixture into whites. Sift 1/3 of flour mixture over eggs and fold in; repeat 2-3 times until all the flour has been incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until well risen and well colored. About 30-40 minutes (30 was too little for me and when I took it out and thought it was done the top-middle portion was too wet; I'd give it closer to 40).

Remove cake from oven and run knife around edges to loosen; remove sides. Slide cake onto wire racks to cool. Cool completely before slicing to be used for other cakes; Refrigerate or freeze for 1 day for more even cut layers. It can be refrigerated for several days before use.

If she bakes it for ya, I wanna know how it turned out :elefant:

After reading this Sicilian Cake Recipe - I have a new found understanding of Django and his passion for grammar and punctuation ...............or is it just a Sicilian or maybe a fruity arab thing ???? ;) ;) :dontknow: :dontknow: :D

Cassata alla Siciliana

This is one of the most classic Sicilian cakes, and though some people link it to the island's Arab period because of the candied fruit that goes into the ricotta cream, among other things, it's actually much older:

The word Cassata derives from the Latin Caseus, which means cheese. In other words, Cassata is one of the world's first cheesecakes. It comes as no surprise that there are a great many variations throughout Sicily; this particular recipe is from Trapani.

You'll need:

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/3 cups (280 g) sugar
1 1/2 cups (150 g) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Half a lemon
6 eggs
2 egg whites
Marsala
1 1/8 pounds (500 g) fresh sheep's milk ricotta (you can use cow's milk ricotta if you must)
A pinch of vanillin, or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces (50 g) finely diced zuccata, which is candied melon peel
2 ounces (50 g) bitter chocolate, in shavings
9 ounces (250 g) blanched peeled almonds
3 drops of bitter almond extract
5 cups (500 g) powdered sugar
A pinch of salt
Potato starch (you may find this in the Jewish section of your market)
Green food coloring
Butter and flour for the cake pan
Strips of zuccata and assorted candied fruit

PREPARATION:

Preheat your oven to 360 F (180 C).

Whip 6 egg white to firm peaks with a pinch of salt. In another bowl, beat 6 yolks with 3/4 cup of the granular sugar, until the mixture is frothy and pale yellow.

Sift the flour with the baking powder and slowly add it to the beaten yolks, together with a couple of tablespoons of egg white and the grated zest of the lemon; finally, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture. Turn the batter into a buttered and floured pan (9 inch square) and bake it for a half hour; remove the cake from the oven and let it cool before removing it from the pan.

In the meantime, grind the almonds in a food processor, using short bursts to keep them from liquefying. Add 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, the bitter almond essence diluted in 1/4 cup water, and blend until the mixture is homogenous. Dust your work surface with the potato starch before turning the paste out onto it (you can also turn it out onto a sheet of wax paper), and incorporate a few drops of green, diluted in a few drops of water. Work the paste until the color is uniform and then wrap the paste in plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator.

Put the ricotta through a fairly fine wire mesh strainer and combine it with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the vanillin, the chocolate, and the diced zuccata. Next, roll the almond paste out 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick and as wide as the cake pan. Line a 10-inch (25 cm) diameter pudding mold with slanting walls with plastic wrap, and lay the almond paste over it. Next, line the bottom and sides of the mold with half-inch thick sheets of the cake you baked; make a syrup by diluting some Marsala with a little water and a little sugar, and sprinkle it over the cake. Fill the box thus obtained with the creamy ricotta mixture and cover it with more of the cake, sprinkling again with the Marsala syrup.

Lay a dish over the cassata, press down gently, and chill the cassata for several hours in the refrigerator. At this point turn the cassata over onto the serving dish and remove the mold and the plastic wrap. Beat the remaining two whites and sift the remaining powdered sugar into them, beating all the while to obtain a thick, homogenous cream. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the glaze and spread it over the cassata. Let the glaze set for a few minutes, decorate the cassata with the remaining candied fruit, and chill it for several more hours before serving it.

Note: Purists will shudder, but you can greatly speed the production of a cassata if you use commercially prepared pan di spagna (or poundcake if that is what is available where you live) rather than bake the cake as well.

Enjoy!!!! ;):birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :thrasher: :thrasher: :thrasher: :thrasher: :thrasher: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Last edited:
belgiumbarry said:
happy B-day DJANGO , enjoy it ! :rock: :rock:

PS have a waffle and some trappist beers ....:p :D ;)

A la mode? :dontknow: :D :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND...:rock: :rock:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQk2LtK680w

Stefan and family....

includemeout said:
A la mode? :dontknow: :D :p

now that's for you HO........ you take a bowl , poor 6 trappist beers in it and you soak your waffle till he becomes so soft that before you have a change to bite the blubber is all drooling around your legs... so if you manage to consume this all i propose you install your puter on the :toilet: so you can HO further while giving it all back to mother earth.

PS don't forget your weekly anal bleaching to increase to daily habits for some months...:p

belgiumbarry said:
now that's for you HO........ you take a bowl , poor 6 trappist beers in it and you soak your waffle till he becomes so soft that before you have a change to bite the blubber is all drooling around your legs... so if you manage to consume this all i propose you install your puter on the :toilet: so you can HO further while giving it all back to mother earth.

PS don't forget your weekly anal bleaching to increase to daily habits for some months...:p
Careful Barry, or I will release my Barbarian relatives from the farthest corners of Germany to acend upon your castle (well, I will tell them to pilage it lightly) they will only pillage most of your waffles and use your yacht to hang the nice little baby piglets up to smoke them into black forrest ham. They will continue to occupy your castle and grounds for a near eternity as they continually feed on waffles, ham and your trappist beer.

You better get some more beer or they will be PISSED. There is nothing worse than a pissed barbarian with a BLEACHED ASS :D :D :D

..................... EURO-HO:elefant:

Wifey said:
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Timmy, Happy Birthday to you AND MANY MORE. Love from me and Rochester :rock: :rock:

I looked up a special Sicilian cake recipe for your special day, but the trick is getting Lynettie to bake it all up for you :D :D :D

Pan Di Spanga

2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
5 large eggs, separated
1 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan (the original suggested lining with buttered parchment but I did not have any).

In a small bowl stir together flour and cornstarch.

In bowl with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip egg yolks and half the sugar and the vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes, until they are light and fluffy.

In another bowl, with whisk attachment for electric mixer, whip the egg whites and salt on medium speed until white and opaque. Add remaining sugar 1 tbsp. at a time, and continue whipping until whites hold firm peak when whisk is lifted.

Using a large rubber spatula, fold yolk mixture into whites. Sift 1/3 of flour mixture over eggs and fold in; repeat 2-3 times until all the flour has been incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until well risen and well colored. About 30-40 minutes (30 was too little for me and when I took it out and thought it was done the top-middle portion was too wet; I'd give it closer to 40).

Remove cake from oven and run knife around edges to loosen; remove sides. Slide cake onto wire racks to cool. Cool completely before slicing to be used for other cakes; Refrigerate or freeze for 1 day for more even cut layers. It can be refrigerated for several days before use.

If she bakes it for ya, I wanna know how it turned out :elefant:

I'll show her the recipes........ They look delicioso........... Thanks, kiddo....

Thanks to everyone....... You people are the greatest.....

D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back