Calvert Racing's Caltracks

SrtBrad

Michel Productions
Reaction score
I had the Caltracks installed today at Calvert Racing Suspensions. Talk about a class act over there. The company greets you when you walk in. They offer you a drink and answer all or any questions you have without feeling rushed. They take their time explaining the benefits of the Caltracks and make you feel like your at home.

Here are a few pictures of the install:

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks007b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks009b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks010b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks011b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks012b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks013b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks014b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks016b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks017b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks018b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks019b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks020b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks021b.jpg

Now its time to see how the Caltracks work at the AZ GTG.:D :D :D :D :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

How do they feel just driving the truck around town, light to light, on the freeway etc.? Does it handle differently in the turns? Ride smother or rougher? Any extra noise created by the Caltracs in the driveline anywhere?

Anyone know if you like to hammer down thru the twisties do the Caltracs somehow limit that type of driving...are they only really good for drag racing?

Thanks!

JR_PRO said:
How do they feel just driving the truck around town, light to light, on the freeway etc.? Does it handle differently in the turns? Ride smother or rougher? Any extra noise created by the Caltracs in the driveline anywhere?

Anyone know if you like to hammer down thru the twisties do the Caltracs somehow limit that type of driving...are they only really good for drag racing?

Thanks!

Since I just got them put on today and was stuck on the I-405 parking lot all the way home, I was not able to test them out. I will give you an update later.

I appeciate it...I'll be looking forward to your response!

Thanks!

caltracs help alot but I never noticed a difference until I cranked them down at least 1 full turn. I think that 1/4 turn they say to do is not enough

The only negative I have to report from my Caltracs is the clanking noise going over large bumps. Changing out the front spring bushing for the aluminum one didn't add the harshness I thought it would.

But, the positives are great! It hooks off the line and continues to hook through the 1-2 shift that previously generated a big bark now gets a small chirp and is much smoother.

For road racing, I did my QA-1s at the same time, so I can't really comment on what the Caltracs did or didn't do. The combo is great though, much improved, next step is Hotchkiss bars F&R.

great :rock: :rock: nobody offerd me a drink during my install :(

just a question : on the ground near the springs there's a 1/2 blade as with a aluminium bushing.... for what was that used ? :dontknow:

As with those pretensions of 1/4 to 1 turn... i felt it difficult to decide what is the "just contact" position from were one counts ....i mean how stiff you turn them before you give 1/4 to 1 extra turn.... :dontknow:

:rock: love mine. '05 RC. got a little over 10,000 miles on them. helps on all aspects of drivin. got a bit of a creekin noise & the clunk on the bumps is all. the 1/4 turn is just the startin point for adjustment. got about 1 1/4 turn dailed into mine. makes the ass end look more aggressive & cleaner look.:rock:
does Hotkis have the sway bars ready yet????:dontknow:

Nice Pics....thanks for thinking of us in the process...but they reminded me of how much I hated those cheap bolts on the pumpkin...I hated seeing that rust until I changed to the Sinker Rear End...

great post

great post and pictures this is what makes this website and club the Best thanks for taking the time

belgiumbarry said:
just a question : on the ground near the springs there's a 1/2 blade as with a aluminium bushing.... for what was that used ? :dontknow:

As with those pretensions of 1/4 to 1 turn... i felt it difficult to decide what is the "just contact" position from were one counts ....i mean how stiff you turn them before you give 1/4 to 1 extra turn.... :dontknow:

That is not part of the srt/10 package. Looks like some other leaf with the aluminum bushing in it.

Barry slide a business card in between, then turn the bar until it makes contact and you can still pull the card out. That would be your starting point.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back