Mileage

Vipernator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck just rolled over 28000 miles and sounds and runs like the day I bought it, orginal clutch. I put tires on it at 24000.
I just came back from Aberdeen MS over 1200 mile trip and averaged right at 16.3 miles per gallon. 70 to 75 mph most of the time.
is that average gas mileage for a rc?

Who is the high mileage king?

High mileage?

Are you talking the most number of miles on the odometer?

You can't be referring to mpg?

I think you need to check out the Prius forum..

You opened a can of worms with this one....... Every time someone mentions MPG on here you get a ton of BS response's about how these trucks suck gas, if you wanted decent gas mileage you should have gotten a Prius, blah, blah :D

Prepare for the beating you are about to take, trade your truck in on a hybrid now so they will go easy on you. ;)

For what it's worth, I avg about 15 mpg on the highway (goes down the further over 80 I go).....my motorcycle is faster and gets 45mpg, go figure. :dontknow:

I was actually thrilled with 16 miles to the gallon, and I bought this truck new for fun and a every day driver, not for the gas mileage.

Vipernator said:
Prof,
I was asking who has the high mileage truck, odometer

28000 on my daily driver, think someone on here has over 70k.

About 16.5 MPG is what I manage on the highways b/t 75-80... Used to be a tad higher, say around 18 or so according to the overhead gauge, before I added the Magnaflow CB and K&N drop-in filter :dontknow:

Must be the WAAAAAY better sound of the Magnaflow that keeps my foot in the hammer pedal a touch longer than before :rock:

40K on my daily driver and i get roughly around town 13-14mpg and have gotten as good as 21mpg on the hwy. and pulling my car to events i get 14-15mpg.... on my stock 2nd clutch but have the SPEC 3+ ready to go in shortly.

i know someone was saying they hit like 75k miles just dont remember who it was mine is a babe only 25k miles lol

just over 17k. use to get 9 to 10 mpg in town now get 11 to 12 w/ catback & no cats. 20 % better milage w/no cats. do the cats catch 20% of the gases?:dontknow: :dontknow:

ODOMETER: Just flipped 25,000. OEM clutch (not much left); tires at about 16K.

MPG:
P1010155.jpg

:D

How in the hell do you get 20 MPG...I only could get a best of 11.2 MPG...
Please le me know...I have a 04 stock RC installed only so far k&n drop in
and that's it...Also installed tonneay cover...How do i get 20 MPG very
curious...:dontknow:

Vipernator said:
My truck just rolled over 28000 miles and sounds and runs like the day I bought it, orginal clutch. I put tires on it at 24000.
I just came back from Aberdeen MS over 1200 mile trip and averaged right at 16.3 miles per gallon. 70 to 75 mph most of the time.
is that average gas mileage for a rc?

Who is the high mileage king?

In Berkeley I get 6 mpg.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back