Help tuning Turbo

Is there different software for the VEC3 vice the VEC2? I only have a CD for the VEC2.

the gts76 is way too small for a viper engine. good luck tuning it, and not over-spinning it. that turbo is suited for a engine about half the size that makes 600-650 hp at 14-17 psi.

if you're trying to tune a gts76 at 5 psi or 6 psi, it's going to be tough since the turbo will be surging a lot on a viper engine.

Couldn't get it into Roe. However I think we discovered part of the problem. I told Dan that the injectors were 60 psi. Well yesterday he looked up the part number and they are larger (65 I think). So their ratios are off. He made a few adjustments and now it is running better. How much better I don't know.

glad hes getting it worked out for ya. pat mine on the hood when you go by there. tell her i miss her...lol

We are still having problems with the tuning. We think the VEC is dropping or not keeping the changes being made. They make a change to the fuel and do a dyno run and don't see any changes. I'm questioning if my VEC3 is really a VEC3. I thought part of the upgrade was to have something to register air intake temp or something like that. My truck is making more HP then before but it is very rich (10.5 under boost). The guys at Kitchens are stumped and so am I. They have tuned with the VEC's before and have not had problems. Has anyone heard of the VEC's not holding on to the programs?

Smoke

FlyingLow said:
We are still having problems with the tuning. We think the VEC is dropping or not keeping the changes being made. They make a change to the fuel and do a dyno run and don't see any changes. I'm questioning if my VEC3 is really a VEC3. I thought part of the upgrade was to have something to register air intake temp or something like that. My truck is making more HP then before but it is very rich (10.5 under boost). The guys at Kitchens are stumped and so am I. They have tuned with the VEC's before and have not had problems. Has anyone heard of the VEC's not holding on to the programs?

Smoke

So, is Roe the ones working on it? If so they should know better then anyone if its a VEC3 or not. There is a guy with a Viper that was having problems with stuff seeing to not store with the VEC.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603594

In summary, Sean himself tuned the guys car and the VEC3 was not installed correctly.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
So, is Roe the ones working on it? If so they should know better then anyone if its a VEC3 or not. There is a guy with a Viper that was having problems with stuff seeing to not store with the VEC.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603594

In summary, Sean himself tuned the guys car and the VEC3 was not installed correctly.

2nd to last post on that thread says the VEC was installed correctly. It just needed extra time tuning. Good read though, Thanks!!

Hey Dan if you are reading this how about chime in on the issues you are having.

Sorry im not in here much just been busy with family (newborn) But the problem is no matter what we adjust in the fuel load or fuel rpm we cannot get it to lean out at right about 3500-5000 the load values and some of the rpm values are in the negative I or the tuner Brian Anderson have never seen where you have to go into the negatives to get any smigit of change. The chart was all zeroed out in the load and rpm range when the LTFT we set to +3.9 on both banks at idle the sean wrote a simple fuel enrichment program still to no avail we had to go into the negatives again on some parts of the fuel load. Meth was disabled on all runs. And the tuner if questioned if a very reputable guy he is going to vegas in a few months for the dyno shootout top prize is 25,000.00 he has a 1300 rwhp on conservative setting pump gas rambler twin t-88. he says his tuffest opposition will prolly be one of those turbo vipers out west. so wish him luck!

I think (and I may be wrong) that on my setup with the VEC3 we went close to zero or negative on one of the parameters about 3500 or 4000 rpm. Basically, I was pegging a 10.0 (rich) when I came back from Saint Loius in April then ran my truck at my current altitude.

We did something in the higher rpm range that lowered a parameter that brought my a/f back close to 12. I thought it was something with fuel but cant be sure. We also had to trick the VEC into thinking I had bigger injectors then what I really have which also helped.

I dont have the laptop with the VEC program in it with me right now. Joe Donovan is on vacation right now so I cant get a hold of him.

Again, the parameters I mentioned may be wrong but I know we did something to trick the computer into thinking I had bigger injectors than the stock ones I have and we I think had to go negative on a parameter to compensate for the difference in altitude between western kansas and saint louis to bring the a/f back closer to 12 above 3500-4000 rpms.

Not sure if I've helped. This was on my tune with the meth active. I havent run the program without the meth since getting the truck tuned a few months ago.

Dan was able to make some improvement when he changed the setting from 60 lb injectors (Which I thought I had) to 65 lb.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back