Traction Bars??

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't done a thread search, sorry too flippin lazy. Any recommendations on traction bars or ones that look cool if you look under there? Haven't seen any in the pics posted, but they'd be kinda hard to see. I know, chrome ladders:p :p :p :p :p ,or not.:D

anyway, attempt to edumacate me :D

one word............

Cal-Tracs from Stinker & a set of poly bushins is a great help

Last edited:
I agree with Zcx on this one: get Stinker's complete Enegry Bushing set and the Caltracs traction bars and you won't believe the handling. I don't 1/4 mile race yet but others have said the Caltracs do a good job. I included a pic of my Caltracs for you since you were asking how they looked.

Caltracs1.jpg

Cal's all the way, i had mine cromed.

Attachments

• HPIM0350.JPG
    HPIM0350.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 1,431
  • HPIM0347.JPG
    HPIM0347.JPG
    384.6 KB · Views: 1,574
I agree wit hthe Cal-Tracks, but since their offices are within a couple miles of the house. I think I'll just run over there and get them.

We kept them black.......

262974.jpg

262976.jpg

And this is the back of there shop.....they install :marchmellow:

263265.jpg

Quick

anyone tried the Calvert mono split leaf springs on the Viper truck yet????

Hey thanks for the pics and links guys. I was hoping to get a look at them on a truck before buying. You guys rock, as always:rock: :rock: :rock:

Not too bad looking either way, but the chrome is a nice touch. have to decide since my truck is black.

Were they a PIA to put on or did you have them installed??

Viper Beau said:
I agree with Zcx on this one: get Stinker's complete Enegry Bushing set and the Caltracs traction bars and you won't believe the handling. I don't 1/4 mile race yet but others have said the Caltracs do a good job. I included a pic of my Caltracs for you since you were asking how they looked.

View attachment 40654

Thanks Beau, appreciate the effort on the pic. Do they say Viper on them?? Or was that a decal you added?

I bought mine used from a guy on the forum for $200. Stripped the paint off all the parts with Aircraft Remover spray can from WalMart. The paint was the same I have on the calipers so it all kind of matches. I had bought the VIPER stickers for the front calipers. I had some left over so I put them on the traction bars and 2 coats Clearcoat over them. Also stripped the rear sway bar, painted it red, and put my last VIPER sticker in the middle of it. I also liked the guy who chromed his traction bars or just black the way they came looks awesome. Anyway you do it IMO looks good on the trucks and functions well.

As far as the install, I am not very mechanical nor work on cars but did mine and it was pretty straight forward. If you look under the Performance Mods section of the forum I did a write up titled "Energy Bushing Install Review". You can read through there for my experience. In addition, for a few hundred bucks more buy Stinkers Energy Bushing set. ZCx and I are huge fans of the difference those make in the handling. My truck can corner like a mad man now. Big difference and definitely worth the money. That in conjunction with the traction bars seems to be a nice suspension upgrade that is not a budget killer. Final note, get a torch or welding acetelyn torch to burn those stock bushings out. If you are going to have the springs off, might as well put all new Energy Bushings on.

Is the energy bushing just for RC or do they make it for the QC and is it even worth it for the QC

for RC or QC.

check with Stinker when he gets back. i think there is even a poly bushin for the carrier bearin & Stinker said something about engine mounts also

Last edited:
Maybe I am wrong but I thought I read somewhere that the QC's don't have a rear sway bar but maybe that was just for certain years. 1fast10, all I can say is that my RC handles way better than before. If you could get a rear sway bar for your QC and the Energy Bushings (which is a cheap mod) would it be worth it for a QC? I think you would be surprised at the difference.

i heard that Hotchkis has a rear sway bar & maybe someone else

and with a set of BFG's she does real well

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back