Truck won't start, need some help

OsirruZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
04 regular cab. Everything in the truck works and functions, only problem is it won't start. The truck is completely stock so I don't know what would be causing it. Battery is charged, motor just wont turn over. Dash board is all lit up and it's giving me some chiming but I don't know where to reference the chimes to a problem. There's nothing in the owners manual about this issue. Emegency brake light is lit up but the brakes are off, gas light is on and fuel indicator shows no fuel but it's full, the red security light is on, ABS light is on............

Any help you can give me would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

First I would just disconnect the battery for a few minutes the try again... Make sure that your battery is fully charged also;)

You do know you have to push the clutch pedal down to start it....just checking.

.........sounds like a wiring problem behind the dash, did you install anything recently? If so crossed any wires or maybe blown a fuse.

Does it start to crank and it just wont go or it wont even crank?

Do you have a remote starter or aftermarket alarm system installed? I had a similar problem the other day came to find out the remote start/alarm was the problem because after disabling the remote start and turning the alarm to valet mode and resetting the computer (disconnect battery and reconnect) it started right up.

OCBob said:
Security system malfunction? Just a random guess.

Just finished tinkering with it. All fuses are good, relays are good. We were able to get the motor to turn over from by-passing some things which leads me to think the security has it locked out. Roadside assistance is on the way to come get it. Called Dodge and they said the same, should be security related. So............

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

internal fault in the cluster. it was a common problem in 02 and some 03's...seen a couple 04's.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back