Polished Master Cylinder Cover

portlandsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having an OEM radiator overflow reservior coated and will have a chrome finish soon... The only other eyesore in my engine bay will be the master cylinder reservior. I was considering having that coated too but I came across this:
DodgeRAM_47.jpg

http://www.theviperstore.com/Pictures_Dodge_RAM_SR-T10_Master_Cylinder.htm

Now,,, here is my engine bay... Anyone have any ideas at how in the heck this fits and attaches over all the wiring and lines that go to and from the cylinder? I just dropped TheViperStore an email but I can only assume that it might take a while for them to get back with me. I'm also wondering if the cover goes all the way back to the firewall to cover the entire master cylinder casing. Just curious to get everyones thoughts here..

IMG_0146-vi.jpg

IMG_0142-vi.jpg

very good question!! I have shopped from them before and their service SUCKS!! You will be lucky to get any responce. Maybe it covers the whole thing?? U got me.

Just got an email from them.... Here's what they say:
Thank you for your interest in our product line.
To answer your question, which you are free to post on your forum:
The bottom right corner is sliced off creating an opening for the lines to run through.
This Master Cylinder Reservoir Cover is designed to work with our Stainless Steel back Firewall panel and the Inner Fender Cover (both sold separately).
It does work as a stand alone product reaching back to the stock firewall. However, with our Inner Fender Covers the opening in the Reservoir Cover is concealed.
Hope this answers your questions.

Interesting. I'll be calling them. I'm really scratching my head here to see how this will work. On both sides of the master cylinder casing, there are 2 lines that run off the left side of it, plus the other side on the right. I don't see how it is possible to have anything go over those and cover them up without bending the lines. They have a money back guarantee,,, so if it doesn't work or I don't like it,,, I can always send it back. I just threw a bid on ebay for the one they have there for $10 less than off their site. Assuming I win, it will probably be 2-3 weeks until I get it anyway. We'll see how this goes.

Here is a bit larger photo so you can see it a bit better. I'll get some sideshots later this week... With my new "blacklight" LEDs in the engine bay, this chrome accent really pops.
truck.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back