props to the local drop shop !!!

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i decided to finally lower my truck after much consideration of what others have done here...... i decided on 2" drop spindles in the front & a 3" spring de-arch in the rear as well as level the truck side to side (off by 1/2")... took my truck into the recommended local drop shop but ran into a few problems...... the rear springs were out & over @ oregon spring when the drop shop found the wrong spindles had been sent & the right ones were back ordered..... what they did was install the de-arched rear springs/endlinks & put in 2" drop springs in the front FREE until the spindles arrived (could be 3 months).... all i've paid for was the parts & labor on the rear.... next the rear side to side was still off by 1/2", we set another day to bring it in... they again pulled the rear springs & re-arched slightly the drivers side spring & reinstalled.... it's perfectly level side to side & it was FREE again !!!

these guys are extremely courteous & bend over backwards to get you exactly what you want & fairly priced !!! i highly reccommend them for your lowering needs !!!:rock:

see Jacob @
the drop shop
7731 ne 33rd dr.
portland, oregon 97211
503-288-5951

Attachments

• DSCN1856.JPG
    DSCN1856.JPG
    862.4 KB · Views: 607
  • DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    864.3 KB · Views: 977
  • DSCN1858.JPG
    DSCN1858.JPG
    861.1 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN1859.JPG
    DSCN1859.JPG
    800.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

they are a very awesome group of guys over there, congrats bro:rock:

It is a nice thing when we receive great customer service.

Congrats on the great look Randy.

It's about time you quit running around looking like a 4X4. ;) :D

Truck looks great Randy. Where are they getting the dropped spindles from? :dontknow: Last I knew, no one was building those.

Dont hear alot of stories about GOOD customer anymore.Nice there are still a few around.Truck looks great!!

Glad to hear those guys took care of ya! They're the same shop that dropped my truck but I've never met them... I'll have to "drop" in and see them...
I'm still a couple inches lower than you... :)

Silverback said:
It's about time you quit running around looking like a 4X4. ;) :D

Truck looks great Randy. Where are they getting the dropped spindles from? :dontknow: Last I knew, no one was building those.
thanks john...... thanks to everyone !!!!

the spindles are made by a company call solo, but they only sell thru dealers..... i'll get more info once i get mine.

Last edited:
portlandsrt said:
I'm still a couple inches lower than you... :)
according to your measurements, you're only 1" lower front/rear....:)

i don't bottom out either. :D

as a side note, anyone who is considering lowering your stock rear springs the way i did & have stock caltrac's, 3" is as low as you can go and still use your caltrac's effectively.

Last edited:
moparracing said:
according to your measurements, you're only 1" lower front/rear....:)

i don't bottom out either. :D

as a side note, anyone who is considering lowering your stock rear springs the way i did & have stock caltrac's, 3" is as low as you can go and still use your caltrac's effectively.

Ahh,,, gotcha. An inch makes a big difference though... ;) <That's What She Said> And who needs traction when you look as purdy as my truck does??? HA!!!

0000007501_20060920143802.jpg

portlandsrt said:
Ahh,,, gotcha. An inch makes a big difference though... ;) <That's What She Said> And who needs traction when you look as purdy as my truck does??? HA!!!
purdy slow...... :D

and you bottom out........:D :D :D

Last edited:
Not to revive an old thread but I can chime in here with a definite :top: on The Drop Shop. I've had three vehicles lowered and/or had new suspension kits installed there and the work was always first rate and priced competitively. And they stand by their work.

I initially worked with Charley and met Jacob a few years ago as he was taking over the shop.

You can't go wrong doing business with this shop. And Randy, your truck still looks good. I got my first peek at it last weekend. It does an awesome burnout, too! :D

MADDOG said:
Not to revive an old thread but I can chime in here with a definite :top: on The Drop Shop. I've had three vehicles lowered and/or had new suspension kits installed there and the work was always first rate and priced competitively. And they stand by their work.

I initially worked with Charley and met Jacob a few years ago as he was taking over the shop.

You can't go wrong doing business with this shop. And Randy, your truck still looks good. I got my first peek at it last weekend. It does an awesome burnout, too! :D
thanks Michael. :)

moparracing said:
haven't checked in months, got tired of asking..... i kinda doubt it. :(
I wonder if the shop originaly thought that the 1500 and the srt used the same spindals?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back