UCONNECT HOOKUP???

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone installed the uconnect to there rb1 or rb4 radios,,i have a question if there is anyone who knows this system

u connect

its simple, take owners manual and phone users guide, do the step by step process to "pair" the two, cell has to have blue tooth, it will fall into category,"connectivety".........good luck:D

Ironhead said:
has anyone installed the uconnect to there rb1 or rb4 radios,,i have a question if there is anyone who knows this system
that is if u allready have the device in your truck, "INSTALL"is the word I missed:marchmellow:

whats your question? i installed the full factory set-up, I know all about the U-Connect system

Mopar or nocar

I just watched your run with the exotics,WOW, freeway looks mighty familiar, its in cal south ? bad as# vid:rock: :rock:

andrew heywood said:
I just watched your run with the exotics,WOW, freeway looks mighty familiar, its in cal south ? bad as# vid:rock: :rock:
thanks...it was a blast... 101 in calabasas around to 118 in simi valley

TheMoparConnection said:
whats your question? i installed the full factory set-up, I know all about the U-Connect system

ok i have the setup and when i go to plug it in the radio do i remove the smaller of the two grey plugs to plug it into deck ??,,and if i do were does or what does the smaller grey plug go to that was in there to begin with ??

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
ok i have the setup and when i go to plug it in the radio do i remove the smaller of the two grey plugs to plug it into deck ??,,and if i do were does or what does the smaller grey plug go to that was in there to begin with ??
can you take pictures of what you're taking about? do you have satellite radio?

TheMoparConnection said:
can you take pictures of what you're taking about? do you have satellite radio?

no sat radio ,,there are two grey plugs that plug into back of the rb1
one large plug and one small one ,,the uconnect came with a cable that fits one of the grey holes ,,but i have to unplug the one thats in there to hook it up ,,,,cant take a pic today truck is getting the bed cover and mirrows painted ,,

it should of came with a harness that the dash wiring plugs into the connector and then the harness plugs into the back of the radio. Its a piggy back harness
if you got the instructions from Wolf its page 1. if not send me your email

TheMoparConnection said:
it should of came with a harness that the dash wiring plugs into the connector and then the harness plugs into the back of the radio. Its a piggy back harness
if you got the instructions from Wolf its page 1. if not send me your email
only one cable came with it ,,,has the grey small male plug on it and a black male one that plugs into the silver box ,, ,,,i think i would need a cable with a grey female plug for truck plug that goes to box and one that goes from box to back of radio ?

mega thanks mopar got email thank you thank you thank you:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

ok only question i have is i dont see how to hook up the part that has the ipod plugs for it ,,,here is what i have ,,,i dont see how to tie in the silver box to get the ipod plugs to work ,the black cable that is on the silver box ,,,were do i tie in in at ,,,i also dont see this in install book you sent me ,,,the black box is easy to see the plug fits as discribed ,,,i dont realy want the phone part that much as i really want to get ipod and aux working

uconnect001.jpg

uconnect002.jpg

Do you have a shot of the back of the head unit, with stock harness plugged in (if possible)?

can u take a wide view of everything you have in one picture? i dont know what the first picture of the silver box is? there should only be one box (the black one)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back