This is why you have to upgrade clutch..

DevilDawg3097

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gonna change the clutch out anyway plus I do it for a living so it was not a big deal except for the tow:dontknow: :dontknow: But I replaced it with a centerforce and the flywheel was fine so I just cleaned up and reused but this is what happens to an oem clutch disc with over the rated I believe they say 550 yeah right enjoy

img064.jpg

any questions?

FYI the original slave fails because of the plastic base and the heat of the transmission, not the fluid.

Silverback said:
The flywheel was fine?:dontknow: That's amazing.
I was shocked too no gouges no nicks not even scored, the clutch had maybe 5k left on it so I was gonna change it out but it decided to retire early on me:p .

andrew heywood said:
how many miles on that one?
25k on it about 4k with roe.

Quote}ARRESTmeRed04 wow were you just taking off normally or trying to launch ot hard.

I was actually doin about 130 and I may have went into 2 instead of 4:marchmellow: :marchmellow: but I still smoked the shit out of that m5:D :D
I don't know what everyones is talking about the centerforce being stiff. But then again I just switched lines and used the our slave with a new master shit I did not know what I was missin, that somebitch wants to jump everytime now. Now I shall have to get it dynoed again:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I meant used our master and switch lines and upgraded to the new slave. Talk about not knowing how to write.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
hey as long as you win it's worth broken parts:rock:
Exactally, some people think there lucky that nothing has broke yet knocking on wood doesn't help. Everypart has a faliure point and don't let them fool you everything is built to fail eventually. I just have a habit of pushing shit to its maximum potential:D plus I do all my own work which is a big plus:marchmellow: if you race eventualy something will break unless you prevent it from doing so. So I needed a reason to buy an new clutch:p

DevilDawg3097 said:
I was gonna change the clutch out anyway plus I do it for a living so it was not a big deal except for the tow:dontknow: :dontknow: But I replaced it with a centerforce and the flywheel was fine so I just cleaned up and reused but this is what happens to an oem clutch disc with over the rated I believe they say 550 yeah right enjoy

img064.jpg

any questions?

:confused: Really don't understand your thread. :confused: ....punctuation is priceless.....:slug:

slow91 said:
:confused: Really don't understand your thread. :confused: ....punctuation is priceless.....:slug:
Some people do not believe that have to uprgade parts when you increase hp. We had plenty wholly block threads and as a resault we are upgrading internals. Now we need to get the point about with our clutches and the lack of longevity with the amount of HP our trucks put out.:mad: :p :D Any more questions?

DevilDawg3097 said:
Some people do not believe that have to uprgade parts when you increase hp. We had plenty wholly block threads and as a resault we are upgrading internals. Now we need to get the point about with our clutches and the lack of longevity with the amount of HP our trucks put out.:mad: :p :D Any more questions?

OIC.......that answers it all. Thank you.:)

TNVIPER said:
Matt make sure you do the 500 mile breakin....very important........yea, the Centerforce is not much stiffer than the stock clutch..

Critical comment!

There are many that have not been able to wait until they have the 500 city driving miles on the CenterForce...and have ended up having to replace it.

Heed the advice Matt.

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back