BBK Throttle Body Dyno Results.....Amazing

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got home from two days at the BBK facility. What a great setup and great bunch of guys. A special thanks to Brian Rodgers for the hospitality and first class work on the truck. Many of you know I just installed a ported intake manifold on my 2004 RC and you have seen the results....well this is even better. As you may know, BBK announced a new 67MM throttle body for the Vipers (stock is 65MM) and they wouldn't work on our trucks. I was lucky enough to have them develope a prototype 67MM that works on my truck and BBK will be making a new linkage so that they will work on our trucks. Right now I don't have the use of my cruise control but the production model will have such provision.
We did a baseline set of dyno pulls with the stock throttle body. They have a Dynojet dyno so the numbers are quite a bit different than the numbers we got at DC Performance. I was turning the 22" factory wheels with Kuhmo 325-40-22 rather than having the axels mounted directly to the dynopak. Man those big heavy wheels and tires drain the horsepower.
The BBK showed huge gains in both HP and Torque all across the range. The dyno run was from 2300 to 5900 RPM. Peak numbers not as impressive as overall numbers. Peak stock numbers= 479.01 hp @ 5600, 520.61 ftlbs @ 4100. With the BBK Peak numbers = 490.05 hp @ 5400, 528.55 ftlbs @ 4100. There were gains from 2300 through 5900. I gained an average of 19-22 ftlbs from 2300 to 3900 rpm...WOW ...best being 22.69 ftlbs gain @3400 rpm. I will post a chart latter this evening. I gained 8.7 hp @ 2300 and averaged almost 14 hp gain from 3200 to 3900 rpm...best being 14.79 hp @3600 rpm. That is real street driving usable horsepower and torque.

Last edited:
Always great to hear when results are positive. The low r.p.m. TQ. gain is impressive!
Potential for better mileage maybe..

I have been waiting for one to be released for the Quad Cabs.

Thanks for the post...

Last edited:
i want one as soon as the cruz is working on it ,,:rock:

i think i got zero from the xmetal one i have,,as long as results arent inflated it looks promising

Last edited:
kyle's srt10 said:
DAMN James slow down bud;)

You been a kid in a candy store lately:D :p :p

give me give me give me lol:pjust thinking if this is real results then with 270 cam and the head work im getting done as we speak it should be a cheery on top of whip cream lol,,

Last edited:
Sign me up, I have been waitting for one since Dan at DC said they were comming about 6 months ago:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back