700hpOdyssey New Build

1000hpOdyssey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not posted in a while because my engine is in the process of being re-built due to my previous builder having sloppily set the various tolerances up all over the place. :mad: Everything was a mess, but the biggest single problem was the piston clearances. They were set too tight (.004 instead of .006).

As part of the new build, I am going back in with Pro Gram main caps so I will have the option of going turbo for more horsepower in the future. My new engine builder has developed a really cool way to achieve perfect line boring. :rock: See pictures. The line boring shaft is made from tool steel and has holes drilled in it to set the cutting blades. The copper colored rings are sleeves that can be moved around to keep the shaft absolutely straight throughout the cutting process. I want the crank to be set as perfectly as possible so it will stay absolutely where it belongs. This system is the best I have seen.

Hopefully I will be able to finally break the 700 hp barrier with a roe blower.
To that end, I have removed the roe restrictor plates and changed my cam selection. Thanks to the members that have sent pm's asking about the progress of my new build. I will be doing some additional posting as the build progresses.

Happy Holidays

Attachments

• Mill tools 013.jpg
    Mill tools 013.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 180
  • Mill tools 014.jpg
    Mill tools 014.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 225
sweet:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

noticed you still have the factory POS engine oil cooler fittins in the block.
you goin to get with Stinker for the good engine oil cooler lines & fittins
:rock: :rock: :rock:

I bought the good ones from the Stinker a couple of weeks ago. Just don't have the fittings in the block changed out yet.

700hpOdyssey said:
I bought the good ones from the Stinker a couple of weeks ago. Just don't have the fittings in the block changed out yet.

:rock: :rock: :rock: then my your new engine live long & prosper:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:rock: Good luck with the 700. You happy with the guys there at ART? My truck will be there soon:D

dang i guess i started a trend huh? or well i haven't heard of anyone useing ART until my motor went there.... good luck with the block

Tooloe said:
dang i guess i started a trend huh? or well i haven't heard of anyone useing ART until my motor went there.... good luck with the block

His truck has been there for a good long while;)

I am very happy with the way Cody and David at ART immediately stepped up to the plate and agreed to pay for rebuilding my engine after it was discovered that the engine builder they used on the first build made some very serious mistakes. Not only have they paid for all the necessary replacement parts, they sent my engine to a master engine builder in Houston to do the rebuild. The engine builder has a lot of experience in building Viper engines for racing and he is doing some really cool modifications to solve the oiling problem. Of course, the best mod for the oiling problems would be a dry sump system. However, for those of us that draw the line on our builds before spending $5k on a dry sump system, there are other things that can be done.

700hpOdyssey said:
I am very happy with the way Cody and David at ART immediately stepped up to the plate and agreed to pay for rebuilding my engine after it was discovered that the engine builder they used on the first build made some very serious mistakes. Not only have they paid for all the necessary replacement parts, they sent my engine to a master engine builder in Houston to do the rebuild. The engine builder has a lot of experience in building Viper engines for racing and he is doing some really cool modifications to solve the oiling problem. Of course, the best mod for the oiling problems would be a dry sump system. However, for those of us that draw the line on our builds before spending $5k on a dry sump system, there are other things that can be done.

yes david and cody are just bad ass.....the builder in houston knows his stuff and is a bad ass guy takes a little while to get it done " he's had my motor for 11 months" and he is good at building racing motors
and you can throw the 5 k out of the window lol i'm way past that now:rock:

does it usually take that long to get an engine built???????????

I was told mines going to a guy in Virginia :dontknow: They give a warranty, so it's all good:marchmellow:

The linedrawing I am talking about is the line before spending an additional 5k on the dry sump. Not 5k on the total build. All of us that have done this type of build from the block up are spending 20 to 30K.

What Houston engine builder is building your engine? Please pm me.

LoveThisTruck said:
I was told mines going to a guy in Virginia :dontknow: They give a warranty, so it's all good:marchmellow:

It is my understanding that the engine shop in Virginia does provide an engine builders' warranty. Hopefully you won't need to make a claim under it. I was happy with the way ART took care of my engine problem, even though the engine builder that caused the problem did not participate in fixing the problem.

Why did you remove the restricter or diverter plates?

Have you ever run it with out? I installed these on large common maniflod diesels in the exhaust to slow down the front cylinders for heat/turbo reason.

is this to slow down the feed of air to the front cylinders?

bigike said:
Why did you remove the restricter or diverter plates?

Have you ever run it with out? I installed these on large common maniflod diesels in the exhaust to slow down the front cylinders for heat/turbo reason.

is this to slow down the feed of air to the front cylinders?

I certainly do not know what Roe knows about the retricter plates. It was my understanding that he put a great deal of time and effort into their development to even out the air feed between the cylinders and also got an increase in the fuel efficiency. He also has a patent on his very unique design. He strongly recommends against removing the plates and cautions that their removal makes for a b*tch to tune.

However, my thought was based on the fact that the Roe car blowers do not have the plates, I do not care about fuel efficiency on this truck, I have a very competent tuner, and I want as much air as possible flowing unimpeded into the cylinders. I have not yet run the truck without the plates. I will keep everyone posted as to how this works out.

Removing the plates has been done without any success (at least yet), it made for some major surging issues that could not be tuned out, at least on this particular combination. Best of luck on your build, if someone figures out that intake manifold, we will see 800+ HP out of that blower imo.
Justin

ZCx said:
does it usually take that long to get an engine built???????????
not normally but i had alot of stuff fixed that the piston took from the block lol..and hurricane IKE didn't help any

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back