oil viscosity question

VIPERTRUK

Reaction score
ive looked all over the place for the recommended oil for our trucks with no luck, So i went to pepboys and bought 0w-30. I changed the oil and all of the sudden it developed an oil leak. I looked around and found just below the air box (im no mechanic) the square box thing with the 2 hoses was saturated with oil and it looked fresh. i changed the oil last week and its already just above the min mark on the dipstick. any ideas?

VIPERTRUK said:
ive looked all over the place for the recommended oil for our trucks with no luck, So i went to pepboys and bought 0w-30. I changed the oil and all of the sudden it developed an oil leak. I looked around and found just below the air box (im no mechanic) the square box thing with the 2 hoses was saturated with oil and it looked fresh. i changed the oil last week and its already just above the min mark on the dipstick. any ideas?

That's your oil cooler. Stink has braided lines to replace the crappy stock ones.

10-4 on the P.O.S. factory oil cooler lines & fittins.:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:
Stinker is the man with da lines.:rock: :rock: :rock:
goin to try Shell Rotella 5W-40 syn. this round.:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock:

guess, i will be buying some oil cooler lines. did some searching and im glad aint nothing crazy thats going on with the engine.

Last edited:
Okay not to ho up the thread but why is there sucha difference between the amount of oil we all put in our trucks????? I have heard 9 qts, 10 qts, 11 qts. I use 10 because that is what the little sticks says LOL. Just curious.

5_0_BAIT said:
Okay not to ho up the thread but why is there sucha difference between the amount of oil we all put in our trucks????? I have heard 9 qts, 10 qts, 11 qts. I use 10 because that is what the little sticks says LOL. Just curious.
I can understand different amounts, Due to oil pan capacities and the such. I just do not understand viscosity difference for the same motor in 04s 05s, And 06s.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

04's built to fly and the 05/06 built to pull :burnout: :burnout:

5_0_BAIT said:
my manual on the 05 qc says 8 qts

The Viper tech here told me the 2006's have larger oil cooler capacity. 10qts.

I have used lots of differing viscosities, all full synthetic.

My 04 holds just a hair under 8.5 qts

Never uses oil,just a constant film around the oil cooler lines
I have Stinkers replacements,just haven't got em on yet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back