Supporting Member
Reaction score
swaped grills with my cuz

IMG00034-20090703-1812.jpg

IMG00035-20090703-1812.jpg

IMG00036-20090703-1815.jpg

IMG00039-20090703-2034.jpg

kickinassrt-10 said:
Plan on doing the same exact swap tomorrow.....how do you get the tabs out of the grill? Do they just pop out?

no - just use a punch or a small round shaft to knock them out - no need for a drill :) :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

VIPER said:
no - just use a punch or a small round shaft to knock them out - no need for a drill :) :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
so you push them inward or outward? Are they reusable after?

kickinassrt-10 said:

push them inward - and i reused mine - they snugged right up, just dont force them out :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kickinassrt-10 said:
You can only access the rivet pin from one side. Just push it through. Try to keep track of them, they can fly away (ricochet) when you push them through. Yes they are reusable if you have all the pins for the rivets.

SilvrSRT10 said:
You can only access the rivet pin from one side. Just push it through. Try to keep track of them, they can fly away (ricochet) when you push them through. Yes they are reusable if you have all the pins for the rivets.

hey bro thanks for your help :)

SilvrSRT10 said:
It's easiest if you remove the whole grille from the truck and set it on towel covered table. Punch or drill the pins through the rivet and swap grilles. Take your time and don't force anything other than the pins.

I just punched mine out with a hammer and a mini screwdriver, sort of like i chizzled them out. Most people have these mini sets of screw drivers and they fit perfect for this.

600x800px-LL-mini-screw-driver-set.jpg

like Silvr said, watchout because they will fly out and you might not see where they go. Good luck bro!! :rock: :rock:

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
I just punched mine out with a hammer and a mini screwdriver, sort of like i chizzled them out. Most people have these mini sets of screw drivers and they fit perfect for this.

600x800px-LL-mini-screw-driver-set.jpg

like Silvr said, watchout because they will fly out and you might not see where they go. Good luck bro!! :rock: :rock:
I have the mini screw driver set...do you push in on the middle piece only or the whole rivet?

just the middle piece. Once the middle piece is out just pull the rivet out and that's it. Then when your putting them back in just put the rivet in and hammer the middle piece back in. Thanks goes to Coley for this info when I did mine :D

Demon 8 said:
I want to do this on my silver as well, great work

You'll love it Demon!! Just find someone that wants to trade and it'll take 20min to swap out.

Demon 8 said:

i know another guy looking for a chrome grill in swap from the honeycomb

let me know :dontknow:

Demon 8 said:
I just swapped mine out this morning plus made $20 which paid for the paint...
It's easy to pop out....I would recommend taking the entire grill assembly out, it makes it a hell of a lot easier..:D

kickinassrt-10 said:
It's easy to pop out....I would recommend taking the entire grill assembly out, it makes it a hell of a lot easier..:D

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

let let her with the new face lift :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kickinassrt-10 said:

Sweet, update the sig pic

mauiSRT/10 said:
Blacked out grill looks very good on your yellow truck. Good call!!:rock:

patrick

thank you :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

The blacked out grill really looks awesome on these trucks !!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• SRT10 033.jpg
    SRT10 033.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 208

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back