P0202-INJECTOR #2

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threw a code this morning. I'm guessing this has something to do with the dyno run this weekend. It was still dark so I could not get a good look. Any ideas on what to look for or what to do? I cleared the code and it came back.

P0202-INJECTOR #2 CONTROL CIRCUIT - SRT10

by the service manual, its showin to be an open circuit.

inj., pass through connector, inj. harness, high side/low side driver harness or ECM open circuit.

seems like i remember Sean Roe had something about the connecters at the inj. don't have a real good lock on them to hold them in place

Last edited:
I will get out and look this morning. It's a long walk from the ship to the parking lot.

Unplugged and everything looked good. Reconnected and the code came back. Drove it a little and it still ran rough. Parked for an hour and drove it again. It ran better. I will see how it does on the way home.

dont drive it! last thing you want to do..if anything swap the injector with another on the motor and see if the code or stays in the same place. that will help you narrow it down

I drove it home and the code did not come back and the truck ran fine. I wonder if I got something in the injector while I was cleaning the engine on Saturday.

possible.

inj. might had a blonde moment

:rock: :rock: :dontknow: :dontknow: :burnout: :burnout:

Drove it to work this morning with no problems. Now it is going to sit for a week while I'm out to sea.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Code came back. How do I swap injectors to see if the problem is the injector or something in the wiring?

I've had an injector issue for a year already. I just reset computer and it's fine for a while. Throws code, runs rich, then I do it all over again. Have to take it to dealer.

small cap on fuel rail, remove cap, depress the valve with rag over top to reliev pressure
remove bolts holding fuel rail

carefully raise fuel rail

unclip the injectors you want to remove and remove clip and wiring,

slowly remove injectore from fuel rail

swap, and do in reverse.

I think I might drop it off at the dealer tomorrow. I don't know what else to try.

if its the same code, points to a possibile wirin or ECM prob.

what kind of tune do ya got, STC/VEC????

i would say a Dodge wirin prob with the STC

The SCT is not wired into the system. It plugs into the ODB port. I think there is a short close to the injector possible caused by the dyno run. That injector is where the dyno guys tie in to read.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back