mercedes oil change ?

wheredwhogo?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking to get a E63 AMG, but I have a friend who worked at BMW and he said that oil changes for Mercedes are $500 and at BMW they are free up to I think he said 50k miles. Can anybody shed some light on this info please. I dont want to buy a car that I have to spend 500 bones every time I want to service the dang thing.

I actually bought my wife a Benz over a BMW because the service costs were cheaper, Since then as the earlier member stated BMW have got in the game and reduced theirs. I will say this servicing onthe Benz Is at 12k intervals, they pick up the car and give you another Benz loner, they detail the car while there and bring it back, for typically about $350.00 which IMOP is reasonable given the standard of ride and service. I stuck with them 3 in a row.::rock:
thewelshm

THEWELSHM said:
I actually bought my wife a Benz over a BMW because the service costs were cheaper, Since then as the earlier member stated BMW have got in the game and reduced theirs. I will say this servicing onthe Benz Is at 12k intervals, they pick up the car and give you another Benz loner, they detail the car while there and bring it back, for typically about $350.00 which IMOP is reasonable given the standard of ride and service. I stuck with them 3 in a row.::rock:
thewelshm

i wonder if that is dealer standard or it varies.......

Yes its true. I have an AMG and the service is about 600. But thats not just for oil! Its for a host of other things.

nycstev said:
Yes its true. I have an AMG and the service is about 600. But thats not just for oil! Its for a host of other things.

Have you ever read that "...host of other things."?

The majority of it is fluff, that most owners can do themselves, or doesn't even need to be checked.

I let the dealer change the oil. I check everything else. Besides, that way I know it was done correctly.

the service does include other things than just an oil change. the other thing you have to remember is you only do it every 15k.

I think right now I would be all over this. I love the 63s but wow this monster has 420HP 4.0L V8 and red lines at 8400 RPMs with a base price of 56.5K .. :rock:

2009m3sedan-737656.jpg

Blacksnake said:
I think right now I would be all over this. I love the 63s but wow this monster has 420HP 4.0L V8 and red lines at 8400 RPMs with a base price of 56.5K .. :rock:

2009m3sedan-737656.jpg

I'll take that viper thats in your sig over that:)

Silverback said:
Have you ever read that "...host of other things."?

The majority of it is fluff, that most owners can do themselves, or doesn't even need to be checked.

I let the dealer change the oil. I check everything else. Besides, that way I know it was done correctly.
I never really have time to work on the car or even drive it for that matter.
First its my wifes' car so I never see it. Its leased so these drive -ins are part of mandatory protocol thats included in the lease agreement.And even if I did have have the time to work on it , I don't work on new cars that are still warranted. I just pay whatever it is and thats that:burnout::)

BTW the lease is up in NOV :(

Last edited:
wheredwhogo? said:
I have been looking to get a E63 AMG, but I have a friend who worked at BMW and he said that oil changes for Mercedes are $500 and at BMW they are free up to I think he said 50k miles. Can anybody shed some light on this info please. I dont want to buy a car that I have to spend 500 bones every time I want to service the dang thing.

If you can afford the maintenance by all means go for it. We started buying MB as a family car about 15 yrs ago after my wife got tired of driving Jeeps
:( . She said she wanted more luxury..:confused: So we stated off with the 280 series then 350 series the this last lease I convinced her to go with the E55 :D :D I said it had a good " Kompressor" :D and she said " Air conditioning"? LOL.. Anyway IMO I think MB produce some of the finest machines on the road today:burnout: :burnout:

nycstev said:
If you can afford the maintenance by all means go for it. We started buying MB as a family car about 15 yrs ago after my wife got tired of driving Jeeps
:( . She said she wanted more luxury..:confused: So we stated off with the 280 series then 350 series the this last lease I convinced her to go with the E55 :D :D I said it had a good " Kompressor" :D and she said " Air conditioning"? LOL.. Anyway IMO I think MB produce some of the finest machines on the road today:burnout: :burnout:

well, I guess if the service is every 15k, thats no more expensive than servicing our trucks really..The wife likes BMW, and I like MB......guess time will tell.

wheredwhogo? said:
well, I guess if the service is every 15k, thats no more expensive than servicing our trucks really..The wife likes BMW, and I like MB......guess time will tell.

Whos got the pussy? and who wants it:D

thewelshm

wheredwhogo? said:
are you looking at getting one at MB of Georgetown? if so i can find out how they handle the service's on monday. My dad works at the dealership up here in temple and it's the same owner for both of them. When they had the MB dealership in temple we would make house calls for flat tires, but we would also pick up the BMW's for service too.

I've owned four, Kompressors and AMG. They are on a flex schedule and it is as Welsh stated earlier about 250-300 for the service BUT you only have to do that service every 15,000 according to Mercedes. If this helps

Rockin Ronnie said:
I've owned four, Kompressors and AMG. They are on a flex schedule and it is as Welsh stated earlier about 250-300 for the service BUT you only have to do that service every 15,000 according to Mercedes. If this helps

Basically, cheaper than our trucks :mad:

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back