OIL RECOMENDATIONS

SANCHOBA

TEXAS A&M DAD
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time to change the oil..its been a year! LOL might have put 1000 miles on her in that time.:D 04' calls for 10w 30. should i go to a little heavier oil (i'm in south texas where it rarely sees freezing) was thinking maybe a little heavier would quiet the engine down a little. what do ya'll think?

I prefer the garlic and rosemary extra virgin olive oil I get from the local olive mill....The world's best olive oil I might add...well certainly the best I've ever had...Hope this helps Sancho :D

hey mikey:thefinger: :reddy: .............. hey,i heard it was your b-day,ive' had lots of those, whats the big deal!:D

SANCHOBA said:
hey mikey:thefinger: :reddy: .............. hey,i heard it was your b-day,ive' had lots of those, whats the big deal!:D
They Lie :D Yup just turned 101 today :marchmellow:

I just filled mine with Royal Purple 20/50 The other day:D
It seems to run smoother and quieter,My 05 calls for 0/40 Mobil one.You should be o.k. with little heavier oil

1qksrt said:
I just filled mine with Royal Purple 20/50 The other day:D
It seems to run smoother and quieter,My 05 calls for 0/40 Mobil one.You should be o.k. with little heavier oil
Same here but regular 20/50 the Purp is on order.:rock:

Thanks Again Patrick for the advice. Also keepin oil temp a tad bit lower.

looked at the mobil one sight and the 0w40 is approved by chrysler/dodge for the viper

oil is based on location temps and driving conditions.

dodge used the lightweight oils for a couple reasons, one, is hp, lower oil viscosity means more hp
and also less emissions.

but based on temperature of your location

lower viscostiy oils such as 0w-40 , 5w-30 so on should be used in colder weather locations due to easier start up , and in places where the vehicle is not driven very much, or where alot of hwy driving is done for expended periods of time.

higher viscosity oils such as 20w-50, 15w-50 an so on should be used in hotter locations or where you do a ton of stop and go , where you dont move too much and the engine temps stay high

thanks stink... i trust your judgement,goin' to get some 15 or 20w/50:D

i found mobil one 15w50 at o'reilly's on sale,this will be okay.....right?

I used 5W40 and it raised my oil pressure, that was also when I lived in colder climate.
I drive her everyday so, should I be OK? i currently run 0W40

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back