It CAN be done!

Vman455

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...replacing plug wires without removing the intake manifold, that is. It helps to have a pair of long needle-nose pliers, a really long screwdriver, and a long pair of tweezers. And skinny arms and long fingers.

Wires out:
02-03-10_1412.jpg

Intake manifold still attached:
02-03-10_1413.jpg

A closer look:
02-03-10_1414.jpg

Would I do it again? Well, I put in Bosch iridium plugs and Quality Wires 1200-degree wires, just so I don't have to answer that for a long time.:)

Aaah...gotcha. Well, I could still use a vacation...anyone else?

Those could work. The main difficulty I found was that, because you have to go from the side, once you reach a tool in (like 11" needlenose pliers), there isn't enough space to maneuver it around because the handle opens too wide to clear the valve covers. What would be perfect would be a set of those pinchers old people use to grab stuff, only much smaller.

i think you could do it just as fast pulling the intake, it's not that hard....once you've done it once(the first time was a bitch)

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i think you could do it just as fast pulling the intake, it's not that hard....once you've done it once(the first time was a bitch)

You probably could. I'm just masochistic.

I would never do it again, stock wires gave me a good fight, thats why they got deep sixed, and i put adams 1200 degree wires in.

Now if stinker could do the wires AND install his coils with out pulling the intake than that would be cool!!!:p

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Does Summit sell skinny arms and long fingers?

oh man...........

no more flipper sex?????:( :( :( :(

Mongo like candy:congrats: :congrats:

My wires are still on my bench waiting for Stinker to install them :D He said he would ;)

Rickspeed said:
I would never do it again, stock wires gave me a good fight, thats why they got deep sixed, and i put adams 1200 degree wires in.
cool avatar:rock:

ZCx said:
oh man...........

no more flipper sex?????:( :( :( :(

Mongo like candy:congrats: :congrats:

I had to retire Flipper before he got an STD:D

Mongo's the man!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back