modified the stock CAI

pro-v8

Reaction score
Because i think the stock CAI is good for perf, i've try to modify it to achieve the best ......
and if it does not work, it will make my truck different.....:burnout:

you see nothing ? take a closer look ....... ok, open the hood

That should work~! Thats what I was thinking of doing something along that line:rock: ,let us know if it makes a difference,good idea!:rock: :congrats:

Dude, thats going to be perfect! A few guys have done similar with flex hose on the L's and they say the results are great.

Nice clean job!

That should work good. Post any results and thanks for sharing.

BLKSVT said:
Gonna keep the bashing going..huh? In this guys thread

I agree there was no need for that in somone else's thread......

That's a great looking intake, i'm going to copy those pics and see if i can come up with something good myself...just gotta buy a spare oem intake....

500snakz said:
That should work good. Post any results and thanks for sharing.
i'm sure it will lower the IAT. will make some measurement and poste them
but the "ram" effect will not work really well because the air will exit thru the stock opening and the box will not be under pressure.

AWDisuzu said:
Where's the NOS? lol
i will add a fine mesh screen in my front air opening to break the water when it rain.......H2O......O2.......OH YES MORE POWER....:stupido2:....it will be "my" power aider :laugh:

Troy's QC SRT said:
I agree there was no need for that in somone else's thread......

That's a great looking intake, i'm going to copy those pics and see if i can come up with something good myself...just gotta buy a spare oem intake....

Troy, your factory air box already has a 4" hole cut in the front of it......

EMT/SRT said:

Are you talking about the factory inlet on the side or you cut one?

Looks good ---What and where did you get the added parts from???

We are waiting Tooloe:rock: :rock: :rock: The more options we have the better:rock: :rock:

EMT/SRT said:

I found the pics in your old thread! Does it have a k&N drop in or stock air filter:dontknow:

Troy's QC SRT said:
I found the pics in your old thread! Does it have a k&N drop in or stock air filter:dontknow:

Factory style filter. The chrome exhaust tip was heavy and vibrated against the a/c lines so I took it out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back