03 Lightning vs SRT 10 RAM vs C6 *video*

spyder1337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1603241205

Well today was slightly overcast, 55 degrees and a few sprinkles but nothing to stop the racing!

Met up with Stick and his wife at area 51 to get some more runs in. We both changed a few things up since our last meeting. I installed some Nitto Drag radials 305/45/18 and he removed his air filter for the first part of the races. His wife's c6 is a bone stock auto.

Mods to the Lightning are 2.8 upper, JLP CAI, Mac Catback, DR, homemade ram air, dyno tune 386/470. 12.9 @ 107 on stock rubber

Stick - stock, removed air filter, and he came with the driver mod this week! He didn't miss a single gear and banged them hard.

Stick's lady - stock.

Break down -

First two runs were dig races, testing the Drag radials on 25 psi and a small burnout resulted in slight spin the first run with the truck spinning for about 50 feet in first. Stick = walked off on me bad!

2nd race, dig race again, stick spun and I dead hooked = win

3rd race was from 20 with me column shifting it, very close race. You guys call the winner.

Raced his wife twice from a dig and I bumped the psi in the tires up to 29-30 hot, she had traction controll on the first race with me spinning some, the second race she took it off and I got a dead hook out of the tires.

Races between stick and his wife were with his filter removed. Good runs.

Next races with stick, he had his filter back in and picked up a passenger, my tires were 29 psi, the truck seems to get better top end with the psi up vs it at 25psi. The truck was hooking in all the races with him this time.

Next mods for him is going to be a ram air for sure! His truck ran great with the filter out.

I would say from a dig my truck is stronger and would be faster at the track but his truck from 20 was pretty tough to beat. Higher the roll seems to be in my favor.

I had a blast once again running you man, good meeting your family and have a Merry Christmas! Stick's driving was day and night compared to last week! Take care and enjoy.

Amazing how fast that stock yellow truck is compared to that smaller lighter modded one :rock:

putt 18s or 20s on the Dodge and see what happens. LOL Oh and I chew gum too when Im trying my hardest to beat stock Dodges. :D

Last edited:
Nice.

The horn timing is....well...craptastic.
I hope there's a metronome in that guy's X-mas stocking.

cool vid. once the weather gets better ill be able to post some against my buddys Stang 5.0 and my other buddies 98 z28 camaro

Very good driving!! you can tell its a drivers race, even with all the mods on the L and stock w/ the SRT.

Im guessing Stick is sleeping in the dog house for beating his wife one time or another :D :D

Its good to see you have a nice rural area to play around in without putting people in danger....good deal man!

-Red

i thought the horn timing was pretty good ,,,,nice and even

Trucks are both great but whats wrong with the Vette?
Is it an 05?
Was a girl driving it?

The horn timing was ROUGH.
"one.....twothree". Each time.

Maybe I just have better meter.

Great Video - I saw it over on SVTPerformance.com .

I just wish the yellow truck would win more often - He needs a mod or two.;) :D

Though, he seems to be able to shift like a MF'er!!:rock: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :rock:

Awesome video. Lightnings have their good days and SRT's have their good days. Those runs were fair and square. I love seeing SRT's running against modded Lightnings. But everyone else is different.. Makes me want to sing about it....
sing with me!!

Now the world don't move to the beat of one drum;
What might be right for you may not be right for some.
A man is born he's a man of needs;
Then along comes two and we got nothin but the three,
but it takes...
DIFFERENT STROKES it takes... DIFFERENT STROKES it takes... DIFFERENT STROKES TO MOVE THE WORRRRRRLD.
Everybody's got a special kind of story,
everybody's got a way to shiniiiine;
No matter what you got, it's not a lot, so what,
just as long as you have yours and I have miiiiine.... and together we'll be fine cause it takes..
DIFFERENT STROKES to move the WORRRRRRRLD......:star: Thank youuuuuu!

spyder1337 said:
I think that's just you mang, you should come out and play next time man :)
I'll be in Orlando in July.
Oh shit- I forgot: I don't street race.
Bummer.

I guess I'm the first person to mention the timing.

Kevan said:
I'll be in Orlando in July.
Oh shit- I forgot: I don't street race.
Bummer.

I guess I'm the first person to mention the timing.

Neither do we, we have a closed race track :) All to ourselves. Not to mention my buddies who are cops will come and race with us :)

I really dont care about the horn, we could just yell ,,,,,go,,,, and that would be fine with me. its not like money was on the line. and on most all the roll races we did spyder always hangs back a little . seems like when he does honk I am always a bumper ahead. it really dont matter,,,, whats a quarter of a second,,,,,,,,great runs spyder, had a blast

Dandy.

I was just letting you know about your meter before someone who's not so nice says something not so nice.

Horn work was great.I did not hear any open headers so horn would not be an issue as lots of other sounds to listen for also
Hey it's way better than that goober on Pinks waving his arms at a track with a tree.
What he can't push a button and still be on TV?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back