04 Head Unit Replacement Help!!!!!!

mcdoogle1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone out there has any info that could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently installing a double din head unit in my 10, I do not have the hands free system and my factory amp is mounted under my center seat. I purchased the metra 70-6512 amp bypass kit, but found that the metra harness doesn't match the factory harness (on the amp end). Anyone else ever have this problem? Is there another way to install without cutting into my factory harnesses?

Thanks for any help.
Paul:burnout:

There is another amp under the dash you sure that's not where the connector you have is supposed to go?

Good to know...... I didn't know that the 04 has one under the dash as well as under the seat. I know my 05 had 2 under the dash. I will check right now. Thanks for the info:)

Doesn't seem to fit there either. Maybe......just maybe they sent me the wrong harness but in the right bag!!!!!

Might there be another way to go about this??? I'm open to suggestions?

Are you positive the harness doesn't go somewhere to the back of the radio? Or into the body harness end? As opposed to at the amp. Just suggestions, I never bypassed the amp on one of our trucks, always kept the stock stereo

If I'm not mistaken your supposed to unplug the large harness going into the amplifier under the dash, then plug the metra harness into the harness that you just unplugged from the amplifier then run the speaker wires from the metra to the head unit harness and that's how you bypass the factory amplifier......we'll at least that's how it was for both of my 05 Ram Daytona's and it worked perfectly. The only difference between my Daytona's and our 10's is I didn't have the factory subwoofer in them. I think I may have the wrong harness.

Ok, so I was having all kinds if issues with my double din install, Weedahoe...... your double din bezel is the bomb..... looks awesome :rock:
The problem I was having was the amp bypass harness that was called out for my 04 RC was the wrong one (metra 70-6512) I ended up pulling the harness out of my 05 1500 Daytona (metra 70-6510) worked perfectly. Thanks all for the help and input, it is greatly appreciated.

Paul:burnout:

Attachments

• 20150322_202622.jpg
    20150322_202622.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20150322_202545.jpg
    20150322_202545.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20150322_202528.jpg
    20150322_202528.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 69

Support Us