04 SRT-10 vs 05

Donzi26zx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the main differences between the 04 and 05 Ram SRT-10 RC truck. Motor, gears, computer, body, interior, ect....

small things....

Knock sensor, brakes, 456 intead of 411's, transmission tail housing, exhaust resonator, sticker on inside of gas door :D, some say few internal's..but not proven, 6-disk changer was changed in 05. Thats all off the top I can think of...

Thanks, the reason I ask is my friend has a 04 and has complete exhaust, lontubes, no cats, and corsa mufflers, computer tune, thermostat, and volant cold air. We raced the other day back to back 3 times and he only beat me by a little over a car length each time. It must be the gears, because my truck is stock for now or mybe he cant drive?

Everything Patrick said, plus:
Badging on the tailgate (04 has "DODGE"; 05 does not).

Was UConnect available in the 04's? I can never remember.

Also the valve cover breather hose is in the front of the passenger valve cover on the "05s and its on the rear part of the passenger valve cover on the "04s.also the '04s had 4:10 gears.(sorry Patrick) not 4:11s.:idea: :D

04 and 05 rear calipers are the same..only the fronts were changed. And yes blake, 410's..sorry :D

Wrong again, its not Blake who corrected ya.Look closely.We have the same avatar.:p ..........:D lol j/k

Kevan said:
Everything Patrick said, plus:
Badging on the tailgate (04 has "DODGE"; 05 does not).

Was UConnect available in the 04's? I can never remember.

Yep, UConnect was an option.

Donzi26zx said:
Thanks, the reason I ask is my friend has a 04 and has complete exhaust, lontubes, no cats, and corsa mufflers, computer tune, thermostat, and volant cold air. We raced the other day back to back 3 times and he only beat me by a little over a car length each time. It must be the gears, because my truck is stock for now or mybe he cant drive?

As somebody whom has changed his gears............its makes a huge difference.

So started modding yourself and really kick his ass!!!! LOL

patrick

I ordered All the exhaust and intake from X-metal last week. Bassani equal lengths, mids w/o cats , magnaflow exhaust, and a K&N air intake. It should be here any day. I plan on getting a Paxton next.

Prolly not many here who will agree with me....BUT I think the gear change to 4.56 is a wash. :dontknow:

Ran side by side with my neighbors 05. Almost identical mods. He was quicker off the line but I pulled harder after the 1/8 mile. For running a 1/4 mile I think it washes out, maybe even an advantage to the 04 if you're running for more than a 1/4 mile. :confused:

JMHO.:D

ViperTruck2933 said:
Prolly not many here who will agree with me....BUT I think the gear change to 4.56 is a wash. :dontknow:

Ran side by side with my neighbors 05. Almost identical mods. He was quicker off the line but I pulled harder after the 1/8 mile. For running a 1/4 mile I think it washes out, maybe even an advantage to the 04 if you're running for more than a 1/4 mile. :confused:

JMHO.:D
Two different trucks. Two different drivers. Waaay too many variables.

Put 4.56's/4.88's in YOUR truck and you WILL feel the difference!:rock:

Hamrhead said:
Two different trucks. Two different drivers. Waaay too many variables.

Put 4.56's/4.88's in YOUR truck and you WILL feel the difference!:rock:
Not really....think about it. Both drivers have their right feet planted to the floor at the same time in 2nd gear and 4.56 truck barely pulls on the 4.10 truck.

Both drivers with their right foot planted to the floor in 4th gear and the 4.10 truck barely pulls on the 4.56 truck. Not that many variables. Same track, same time (same pass even), same conditions, same wheel/tire combo, almost identical mods.

I agree I would feel the gears in 1st and 2nd gear. I think I would feel less pull in 3rd and 4th.

JMHO.

Last edited:
I like mine better for everyday driving.Never been to the track so I can't say if it is faster/quicker or not.Seat of the pants feeling is that it ISN'T as quick overall,but pulls harder in gears,if that makes any sense.:dontknow:

BUT I absolutely love them compared to the 4.10's.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back