04 SRT10 RC with Paxton - stalls after car wash

STRIPETECHCALGARY

Reaction score
Hi there,

One my customers has this problem...truck only has 2,000 miles.

Any suggestions on what the culprit could be? I can't see it being anything to do with the Paxton install.

Cheers

The same thing happens to me sometime . Its obvously a ground from the water thats causing a short:D

If he's running a VEC that is mounted under the hood it could be acting up over the moisture.

Brat said:
Maybe wash it yourself,and forgo the car wash.

What,manual labor ??? I wouildn't think of it !!!FULL SERVICE CAR WASHES FOREVER !!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

6pakattack said:
What,manual labor ??? I wouildn't think of it !!!FULL SERVICE CAR WASHES FOREVER !!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:
Well you are old,so I can see your point,would not want to over load your heart.:D :p ;) :marchmellow:

When I drive the truck in heavy rain it tries to stall when making a right turn.
Water must be puddling somewhere and getting into some wiring during the turn, but I haven't figured out were. Maybe under the manifold...

SRT-MIKE said:
When I drive the truck in heavy rain it tries to stall when making a right turn.
Water must be puddling somewhere and getting into some wiring during the turn, but I haven't figured out were. Maybe under the manifold...

That is a concern of mine. After tearing down the top of the engine, I can see how the puddles under the intake could easily cause issues with the ignition coils. If you haven't seen it yourself, the "valley pan" under the intake does not allow for drainage. Matter of fact, there are several pockets that act like reservoirs that hold quite a bit of water.

I doubt that the split second box (most often used in Paxton installs, since it comes with the kit) is at issue if it was installed in the recommended location.

I would never run my truck through a car wash...
Before I wash my truck (by hand),, I get a large king sized sheet and cover up the entire engine bay. I then shut the hood. Quite a bit of water gets in through the hood scoop... This stops any puddles from forming...

portlandsrt said:
I would never run my truck through a car wash...
Before I wash my truck (by hand),, I get a large king sized sheet and cover up the entire engine bay. I then shut the hood. Quite a bit of water gets in through the hood scoop... This stops any puddles from forming...

So what happens when you drive in the rain?:dontknow: :p

kyle's srt10 said:
So what happens when you drive in the rain?:dontknow: :p

I have no problem with rain....truck stays in the stable when the weather channel says 20+%......:p .............................but a side note here...I washed my truck last Wednesday....started it Thurs morning and backed out of the garage to do a little followup detail........finished and started it again and pulled back into the garage........later went to start and it just kept turning over without a hint of fire...............I looked under the hood for maybe a loose wire but could find none......started to call the dealership when I thought of re-flashing with the SCT tuner......did so and truck fired right up..:dontknow:

TNVIPER said:
I have no problem with rain....truck stays in the stable when the weather channel says 20+%......:p .............................but a side note here...I washed my truck last Wednesday....started it Thurs morning and backed out of the garage to do a little followup detail........finished and started it again and pulled back into the garage........later went to start and it just kept turning over without a hint of fire...............I looked under the hood for maybe a loose wire but could find none......started to call the dealership when I thought of re-flashing with the SCT tuner......did so and truck fired right up..:dontknow:

DAMN 06's:banghead: :rofl: :rofl:

I drive mine every day, rain or shine, normally no issues. Last month in Florida we had severe dounwpours with Fay tearing through the state, The hughe rains proved to be too much. I am convinced the problem is exactly what Ramfromhell says, puddles under the intake manifold.

But I don't care! Truck is paid for and will be driven hard and every day til it dies.

When I drove my 05 RC in some of that crazy rain in South Carolina she was sputtering a lot, so I pulled under a gas station and opened the hood. Let it air out for 5 min and she ran fine after that. The hood scoop was letting rain in, or what? Im not a mechanic.

Mine plagued me forever. Finally figured out it was the wire terminal at the Crank Position Sensor getting moisture in it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back