05 Bumper on 06

tourdemon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, well I got int an accident on Monday during a snow storm. Cut off by an asshole which caused me to fish tail and do a 180 on the highway into oncoming traffic where I was struck by an Lincoln Aviator. My front bumper was crunched. Finding a new bumper for an 06 is next to impossible and costs over 1200. I am thinking about doing a conversion to the 05. I can get the bumper, both fenders, grille and headlight for less than the cost for an 06. Question is, are the headlight connections the same and would it cause a problem with the Canbus?

There are aftermarket bumpers out there that are quit cheap, or ask X2builders or Cleveland Pick a part. They will probably have all parts that you need.

Hope you are alright !

Arne

There are aftermarket bumpers out there that are quit cheap, or ask X2builders or Cleveland Pick a part. They will probably have all parts that you need.

Hope you are alright !

Arne

No aftermarket fiberglass, want OEM parts. As far as X2, almost never find an intact 06 bumper there.

I know what you mean about oem being expensive and wanting to use stock parts, but there are some aftermarket bumpers that are pretty decent quality out there. VIS is one of them. I see that they are $328 on eBay right now with $185 flat rate shipping.

I know what you mean about oem being expensive and wanting to use stock parts, but there are some aftermarket bumpers that are pretty decent quality out there. VIS is one of them. I see that they are $328 on eBay right now with $185 flat rate shipping.

I can get an OEM 05 for 400 with free shipping!

I can get an OEM 05 for 400 with free shipping!

Correct. But then you have to change your fenders and headlights just to replace a bumper. Seems like an unnecessary hastle but if your heart is set on it, then good luck. :)

You will end up with more money in the conversion than just buying the correct bumper.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back