05 Front Coils...Are they X-Metal?

fun2xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a question about some springs I just purchased on Ebay. The guy says clearly in his item description that these springs are X-Metal Engineering. I remember a few days ago someone saying that X-Metal springs are all blue. Is there a way to find out definitively (stamping or otherwise) if these are X-Metal? That is the only brand I want and I will leave negative feedback for this guy if it turns out he mislead me. Thanks in advance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220004215888&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
Greg

these bump stops are used in alot of lowering and lift kits out there so you may just have to take his word on the springs.
good luck

You are in luck. I just went and snapped a pic of my x-metal springs.I havent got around to putting them in yet.just compare them.:burnout:

Attachments

• boomer springs1.JPG
    boomer springs1.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 50
  • boomer springs2.JPG
    boomer springs2.JPG
    474.7 KB · Views: 59
thanks for the pics silver, they were most helpful. I compared and they look the same so I think I am safe. I feel much better now, thanks guys.

Greg:rock: :rock:

No problem.Keep in mind that Boomer has changed the springs due to spring rate improvements.So they may look a little different.

This reminds me,I have a set of Mcgaughys front lowering springs (1.5") that are new.I need to put them on Ebay.:D

fun2xlr8 said:
thanks for the pics silver, they were most helpful. I compared and they look the same so I think I am safe. I feel much better now, thanks guys.

Greg:rock: :rock:

fun2xlr8 said:
Hey guys. I have a question about some springs I just purchased on Ebay. The guy says clearly in his item description that these springs are X-Metal Engineering. I remember a few days ago someone saying that X-Metal springs are all blue. Is there a way to find out definitively (stamping or otherwise) if these are X-Metal? That is the only brand I want and I will leave negative feedback for this guy if it turns out he mislead me. Thanks in advance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220004215888&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
Greg
its hard to tell from the pix, but the windings & height of the springs doesnt look like mine. i could be wrong with out more info, but it doenst look like our stuff.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back