'05 Oil Temp Sensor/Gauge

sleepersrt10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the past two days, the oil temperature gauge has not worked. It has not moved at all from the lower peg. I have not had any time at all to do even basic trouble shooting as I am leaving town for work for the next sixty days. As I waited at the airport for my flight, I did a search for this issue on the forum and only found a couple of threads. These threads give me the impression that the most likely cause is the gauge.

Anyone have recent experience with this? Any source of OEM replacement gauges or sensors?

Thanks

Almost everyones stops working eventually. You can message Scott from Venomous1 Racing. He is a supporting vendor on here. I bought an OEM gauge from him and installed it a couple weeks ago. Working fine now!

Mine went out about a year ago also..just stop working. So when I took it in for an oil change I asked my local dealer about one. They had to order one and was about $200 bucks installed. But less than a week later it went out..so they ordered another one. But since then has been working fine. But maybe some of our vendors in here might have them cheaper..good luck.

I have known good used ones if you want one. Let me know.

For the past two days, the oil temperature gauge has not worked. It has not moved at all from the lower peg. I have not had any time at all to do even basic trouble shooting as I am leaving town for work for the next sixty days. As I waited at the airport for my flight, I did a search for this issue on the forum and only found a couple of threads. These threads give me the impression that the most likely cause is the gauge.

Anyone have recent experience with this? Any source of OEM replacement gauges or sensors?

Thanks

gauge bad, but it is an oil temp gauge, do you really need to know what temp t he oil is? how many other vehicles have you seen with oil temp? replace it with something useful like oil pressure maybe, but seriously the factory gauge on the pod is notorious for going bad, buy a new one, 6 months later it will go out also

I just replaced mine with a multi gauge so if you are looking for a stock oil temp gauge i have one worked when i removed it

Thank you everyone who replied. I would like to try a new one and keep my fingers crossed that it will last as long as the original. If that doesn't work, I will be in touch with those of you who have used ones.

gauge bad, but it is an oil temp gauge, do you really need to know what temp t he oil is? how many other vehicles have you seen with oil temp? replace it with something useful like oil pressure maybe, but seriously the factory gauge on the pod is notorious for going bad, buy a new one, 6 months later it will go out also

Something useful like a vacuum gauge :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back