05 qc 112k for 14k...a deal?

SCQC

Reaction score
im a noob and potential buyer of a 05 qc SRT

found it at a local dealership
from what I've seen other qc's selling for I think its a steal...agree?

currently own a 2012 Challenger SRT... selling it and getting a truck for the sole purpose of daily driving it, then towing a 24' enclosed trailer and 3400lb racecar to a track 30 miles away from home every other weekend..

how do these trucks hold up? I know the trans is iffy, but the engine good for 200k or more? I drive like I have sense and change my fluids regularly..

also, in an effort for better fuel economy, can I change the 4.56 to 3.73? I assume dodge recommends 93 octane... is there a tune I can do to run 89 instead?

if I could change all of that and get 15mpg, I'd be ahead of the game... don't know if its possible though...

thanks

but stuck on 93 octane?
can I tune it down for daily then up the power for towing?
rear gear change?

This truck is not what you need. :dontknow:

Pulling a 24ft trailor..... Yah, this is not what you're looking for. You're better off getting a 3500 cummins, honestly.

Last edited:
I didn't need a Challenger either, but I have one. or a 9 second Monte Carlo SS, but I have one of those too.

I'd rather have the SRT truck because my SRT email addy and my SRT tee shirt would be invalid, so can I squeeze more mpg out of it or not?

Ok, then buy the truck. This should be entertaining. :D

This is not the vehicle to get if you are the least bit concerned about MPG. I also do not think this is the vehicle that should be pulling a 24' race trailer and 3500 # racecar. But you seem to be hunting for the answers you WANT to hear, so go for it.

well I cant ask George bush the questions so I cant blame him

tell me why I cant when those others can

that is what I WANT to hear

Damn you guys are harsh lol. He didn't ask if it was the best option, he just asked if he could get better mileage. I think the answer is no. Maybe someone with a 4 door can chime in and tell you what mileage they get. My guess is 8mph or less! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back