05 Silver QC forged engine

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 Silver QC with 77k miles (475 RWHP/540 TRQ)
Venom forged viper engine assembly (Built by JTS Venom Performance). Reworked Aug 2015
K1 rods
Mahle pistons (Coated)
Clevite bearings
Mild billet cam (Comp)
Venom series CNC ported heads
Upgraded valve springs
2.02/1.60 Manley valves
Belanger Shorty Headers
JTS Catch can
JTS Throttle Body
K&N intake
Rear Cats Removed
Braided PS/Oil cooler lines
SCT Tuner with tunes
Built Transmission rated for 900 HP (Built by TRE Diesel)
Auto meter boost gauge
AEM wide band air fuel
Chrome handles and mirrors
Tonneau masters bed cover (fits with wing)
Bed rug
De-badged
Chrome door inserts
Drilled and slotted rotors
Borla Exhaust
Lowered rear shackles
Motorized front license plate
Bell Radar Detector with dash mounted remote

I have been the owner since 2005 and have the original sticker. The only issue is the CD player does not work. It will not load which means I cannot load the Nav CD. This truck runs great and looks awesome. The price might seem high but you are getting a forged engine and built transmission. The interior is also in excellent condition. I can provide extra pictures of any area if requested.

Asking 26K but I’m not in a hurry to sell.

Bump for anyone looking for the perfect setup to add a turbo or supercharger!!!!

Going to list soon on other sites (Ebay, autotrader, etc). Still considering reasonable offers and will include all my extra parts. Shoot me an email at [email protected] or text 8502923725.

Smoke

$24500 with what all you have done is a STEAL!!!!!! A stock qc should be worth more then what you giving your truck away for!! Very nice ride and GLWS

That's a solid truck and a great deal. I still want to get a QC at some point, and wish I were ready now!

GLWS, Scott!

What is the compression ratio? Looks perfect for a supercharger or twin turbos.
Do you have the hard bed cover for this truck? I really like that the wing is attached to it and lifts up out of the way for easier access.
Does it still have the stock torque converter?
This is the same color of the one I owned before and your extra mods look great.
You have me thinking, but I'm a little surprised at the dyno numbers. My 7.2 Magnum with a slightly larger cam than stock, Indy heads, twin turbos and aftermarket computer is putting down 707/685 at 12lbs on 91 octane. I don't know the non-boosted #'s though. It seems that your truck would respond the same or better with 12-13lbs of pressure on it, it has an extra litre of displacement?
I might be interested, is the $22 your best price still & where is the truck located? Thanks

What is the compression ratio? Looks perfect for a supercharger or twin turbos.

What is the compression ratio? I'm not sure, I would have to ask Tony who did the build. I will have to get back to you.

Do you have the hard bed cover for this truck? Never had one. This was an early 05 and they didn't come with them then.

I really like that the wing is attached to it and lifts up out of the way for easier access. You have to remove the wing if you want to roll the bed cover up but that just takes a few minutes as the wing has 4 bolts (2 per side).
Does it still have the stock torque converter? No. The entire tranny was rebuilt for 900 HP by TRE Diesel.

My 7.2 Magnum with a slightly larger cam than stock, Indy heads, twin turbos and aftermarket computer is putting down 707/685 at 12lbs on 91 octane. I don't know the non-boosted #'s though. Stock QC's will run about 400-420 RWHP and 450-460 TRQ.

It seems that your truck would respond the same or better with 12-13lbs of pressure on it, it has an extra litre of displacement? When I had a turbo on here at 14 PSI it was 778 RWHP and 818 TRQ. The current numbers might seem low but I'm running a very safe tune and wanted it streetable. Plus it is all motor.

I might be interested, is the $22 your best price still & where is the truck located? I currently have an offer at 22 that came in last night so I would not take less at this point. Honestly if I get much lower I might as well keep it. It is located in Chesapeake, Va. If my current deal falls through I will let you know.

Beautiful truck I got one question, why did you pull the motor down and forge it at such low mileage? I'm located in north Alabama and interested in a quad cab

Boooooooom!!!

Beautiful truck I got one question, why did you pull the motor down and forge it at such low mileage? I'm located in north Alabama and interested in a quad cab

Forged it for the turbo set up I had. That turbo set up did not work well with this motor. It blew the #3 piston so I had the engine rebuilt and forged while also pulling the turbo off. This is also when we did the ported heads, cam, etc. I wanted something that had just the right amount of power for streets but was all motor and safe. It just made sense to forged the rods and pistons during the rebuild. I was already paying the money to rebuild, might as well make it super strong. Tony at JTS did the build and Torrie did the tune. I have the receipts from the build if you decide to move forward and want to see the list of everything done. If not good luck in your search. These trucks are a blast!! Just have to sell mine to get the cash out for our new house.

Smoke

awesome so everything now is mechanically sound? and the motor was built in august? if you would like you can email me the list, [email protected] if that's an easy option for you

awesome so everything now is mechanically sound? and the motor was built in august? if you would like you can email me the list, [email protected] if that's an easy option for you

Just shot you two emails. One is the whole rebuild and the other is the Aug rework where I had Tony make sure everything was good to go for me to sale it.

Yes everything is mechanically sound.

Let me know if you didn't get the emails.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back