'05 SRT10 QC vs. '08 SRT8 Charger -- 01/19/08

oldguysrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made 10 passes at Ben Bruce Memorial in Evadale, Texas a week ago yesterday. One run was against an '08 SRT8 Charger. He ran 13.2+. I ran a 12.9+ (I have the timeslip in my desk drawer at work if anyone wants specifics). I expected the car to be a bit faster. I watched several more of his runs....all low 13.2s to low 13.3s. Not slow by any means, just not as fast I expected for 425hp.

Just a datapoint.

oldguy

well for one they are very heavy cars tipping the scales just over 4K lbs and they have a very steap rear end i believe it is a 2.73 or maybe a 3.08. either way not very good for off the line performance. the same car with a gear swap, tune, filter and catback will go mid to low 12's....

Blaine@PSI said:
well for one they are very heavy cars tipping the scales just over 4K lbs and they have a very steap rear end i believe it is a 2.73 or maybe a 3.08. either way not very good for off the line performance. the same car with a gear swap, tune, filter and catback will go mid to low 12's....

No doubt they can be very fast without a huge investment.

Cool thing for me though was still pulling away at trap.

Was definitely a very pretty car. I didn't talk with the guy but it looked brand new and I expect bone stock.

oldguy

Yes!!!! now we got proof that a quad cab can beat a Srt 8 charger. Thanks old guy. When I asked someone about me racing it they told me that my truck was a brick and all that shit. But now i'm going to try one out for sure.

Blaine@PSI said:

Just looked at Car & Driver. You were right on with the weight/shows at 4238, much heavier than I would have guessed. They also show 13.2 for 1/4 times. Same as I saw at the track.

oldguy

The SRT8 Charger has a 3.06 rear....they can turn high 12s completely stock with a good driver and a good track....but 13s are common....

Good kill.......

Maybe I all i need is to install my pcm, I am soooooooooo sick of being beat by a stupid girl in her stupid station wagon!

the srt8 isn't a cheap modder either,but it's the wife's so not in a hurry.do not want her spanking my butt(the trucks anyway)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back