06 srt 10 quad cab, SCT tune or not?

mnsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... I got my 06 srt 10 quad cab over a year ago ( live in mn so it sets alot ) currently 8146 miles on it, current mods are JTSVP throttle body, power steering lines, oil lines, Borla exhaust system, and CAI, as you noticed no SCT tune from torrie or anything I'm honestly on edge of fence and have been debating it.
Question is are the gains worth it and will it damage the transmission removing all the torque management. Last thing I want to do is have the truck shifting odd at WOT or having my tranny unexpected drop on the ground from a stop sign :mad: I'm fairly easy on the truck but i do kick it down on the highway from time to time (normally 20 mph area not from dead stops).
also one last thing there is only 91 octane non ethanol gas and 92 ethanol gas in my area so 93 tune wouldn't be a option really. thanks for input

How hard do you drive it?

I drive it, don't beat on it but i do my share of 20-70 pulls for some fun.

I personally would get it in a heartbeat. It sucks having these trucks and not getting the most out of them. My last truck had torque management remove from somewhere around the 8k mark and I sold it at around 65k miles. I didn't have the transmission replaced on it but I kept up with the band adjustments. I wasn't hard on my truck but I did hit the track 1-2 times a year and did some 'spirited' driving on the backroads every once and again.

So... I got my 06 srt 10 quad cab over a year ago ( live in mn so it sets alot ) currently 8146 miles on it, current mods are JTSVP throttle body, power steering lines, oil lines, Borla exhaust system, and CAI, as you noticed no SCT tune from torrie or anything I'm honestly on edge of fence and have been debating it.
Question is are the gains worth it and will it damage the transmission removing all the torque management. Last thing I want to do is have the truck shifting odd at WOT or having my tranny unexpected drop on the ground from a stop sign :mad: I'm fairly easy on the truck but i do kick it down on the highway from time to time (normally 20 mph area not from dead stops).
also one last thing there is only 91 octane non ethanol gas and 92 ethanol gas in my area so 93 tune wouldn't be a option really. thanks for input

I love mine on same truck as yours. Set your tuner to either 91 or 92 gas.

thewelshm

Any more people got input on how there sct tuner worked on there quad cab and if any issues after install? Thanks to those that have chimed in so far

I have a reg cab so I can't speak for the torque management. How ever my engine melted #10 piston in the ring land area shortly after installing the SCT tune. Would I do it again? Hell no! That mistake cost me $15,000.
However I kept my SCT box for now.
I would recommend running the truck on a dyno immediately after installing the tune to verify everything is ok if not adjustments can be made

I have a reg cab so I can't speak for the torque management. How ever my engine melted #10 piston in the ring land area shortly after installing the SCT tune. Would I do it again? Hell no! That mistake cost me $15,000.
I would recommend running the truck on a dyno immediately after installing the tune to verify everything is ok if not adjustments can be made

Who built your tune?

There ya go

Sorry I dropped out in the middle of things. Torrie from Unleashed tuning I'm sorry to say. When I did my research I heard nothing but good things about him. He also assured me I would not have a problem

Just did my tune from Torrie and all I got to say is holy shit,the wife says to me after she took it out"what did you do to that truck"

Do it! That truck is a pig without a tune. Not trying to be harsh, but it's the facts.

I seriously doubt it was the tune. Something else caused that to happen. What you need to be worried about, is what really caused it. You don't wanna damage that $15000 investment!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back