06 SRT 10 RC vs. chipped 09 BMW 535xi

THEDAV

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am wondering which of my rides are faster, my 10 or my 535. My 10 "feels" faster, but BMW's don't really ever "feel" fast, their power delivery is so linear and smooth.

Which do you think is fast 0-60mph? 0-100mph?:driver: :fight:

A little background on my 535 - all stock except for Burger Tuning piggy back, map 3, (pretty mild tune, bumps the boost to 9-12 psi, but we only have 90 octane up here) and 19" wheels. The N54 twin turbo engine is rated at 300hp and 300 lbs torque@1400 rpms . . . . but when dyno'd put 307 torque to the wheels (either Automobile Magazine or Car and Driver in 2007).:rock:

My SRT 10 is totally stock.

I haven't raced anyone in the 10 yet, but absolutely crushed a few people in my "luxury sedan", most noticeably a Charger R/T RWD by 2 car lengths to 100mph. :burnout:

I plan on putting the girls to the test as soon as I can, but wanted to see if anyone had any predictions? THE BEAST . . . . . or THE BEAUTY???? :vroam:

P.S. - don't know if it matters, but I live pretty much right at sea level.

Last edited:
Wikipedia says 4.9 seconds 0-60.

Motor Trend says 5.2 seconds.

I swear I saw 4.6 seconds printed/posted somewhere?.......

BTW, POST 100!!!!:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

"I don't know if you know this or not, but I'm kinda a big deal . . . " - Ron Burgundy

Last edited:
what does the Beamer weigh in at????

my money is on the Beast. now a days bout as close as ya can get to brute horsepower

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

viperpwred said:
get some1 to drive one car, u drive the other, video it and post up ;);) :rock:
That's a good one. I would like to see that to.:D :D

i did a 0-60 with my QC against a 2010 M5
he was 2 times 1/2 car in front , so a 535 would be no problem.
and yes , his M-button was on...:)

ZCx said:
what does the Beamer weigh in at????

my money is on the Beast. now a days bout as close as ya can get to brute horsepower

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

BMW fast facts says 3,946 lbs and 0-60 in 5.6 . . . . but it also says it is rated @ 300 ft lbs of torque, not 307 ft lbs @ the wheels. . . . . .

I am rooting for the beast! I'll need to practice my speed shifting though, what is the best RPM to launch at? :burnout:

THEDAV said:
Wikipedia says 4.9 seconds 0-60.

Yup, that's linked from the Car and Driver road test in 2004. You can download the whole test spec sheet on their website.

0-60 times will vary greatly depending on track conditions and driver......negatie density altitudes and a good driver you will see a RC 10 cut a 4.X 0-60 and high 12s in the qtr.....high DA and a bad driver will make a slow truck...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back