1/2lb and 1lb Sure Shot Exploding Targets

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shot and created this video about 3 weeks ago while camping in northern Arizona. We were shooting my .223 AR-15 HBAR Rifle.

This stuff is 100% legal as long as you bring it to your shoot site in non-mixed form, and MIX and USE on site. It is not allowed to be transported once mixed as it is considered a HE (High Explosive).

It can not be set off with a pistol, shotgun, .22 rifle, hammer, or fire. It must be shot with a sharp pointed high power rifle with a muzzle velocity of at least 1800 feet per second.

Enjoy. =)

Exploding Targets Video

Tannerite rocks!

If you want even more fun, put some propane with it.

eddie102870 said:
does it always take you two shots to score a hit?:D

Not usually... but I was at 100 yards with iron sights... and the wind was about 20-25mph...and I had not shot my rifle in over 1 year...so I was a bit rusty.

Bone said:
Tannerite rocks!

Tannerite is OK... but this stuff is 25-50% louder than Tannerite. I messed around with some it last year.

As many of you know I do fireworks here in AZ and it takes alot to make me grin... Tannerite is somewhat impressive...of which I had sort of a smirk with.. but this Sure Shot stuff had me grinning ear to ear... :rock:

Bone said:
If you want even more fun, put some propane with it.

That you can do.. but then you have to deal with the shrapnel from it.. I would want to be a heck of alot farther than 100 yards doing that....

Hehhehehehehheheheh.... FIRE!!! :D :rock:

bevis2.jpg

This stuff is very real explosives...

99%+ Pure Ammonium Nitrate Prill (yes the same base that is used in real blasting jobs)

And then its mixed with a special blend catalyst agent consisting of - Aluminum Powder, Titanium, and Magnesium.

You simply take the two parts (Binary Form) pour in the AN, and then add the catalyst agent, mix and twirl the container until its a even gray/black, dump back into the target can, close lid, place target... shoot and BOOM!

The video DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE as to the punch in the gut feeling you get from it....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back