1/4 Mile on Street Tires

tinygiants

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the timeslip section for the fastest time on street tires. There is an entry in the #4 slot showing 11.2 @ 126mph. Is this for real? The poster has 0 post. In the details he is running a NOS injected ROE with 896 hp.

I was really surprised to see that result on street tires for our large trucks.

tinygiants said:
I was looking through the timeslip section for the fastest time on street tires. There is an entry in the #4 slot showing 11.2 @ 126mph. Is this for real? The poster has 0 post. In the details he is running a NOS injected ROE with 896 hp.

definately very possible! I talked to joe via PM's a while back...he is in the military and I think he is on a tour right now. He did forged pistons and rods then added a roe and a big wet shot....think he was spraying 200-300 shot ontop of the blower!! would love to see what that does with some slicks!

Rice Eater said:
definately very possible! I talked to joe via PM's a while back...he is in the military and I think he is on a tour right now. He did forged pistons and rods then added a roe and a big wet shot....think he was spraying 200-300 shot ontop of the blower!! would love to see what that does with some slicks!

Hey chad,
you might have to change your sig. after your next trip to Moroso??:D

tinygiants said:

According to your sig.,it looks like you'll be one of the big dogs too!!:rock:

1qksrt said:
According to your sig.,it looks like you'll be one of the big dogs too!!:rock:
That is why I was looking up the info. I have no thoughts of running faster than the top guys, as I will not have anywhere near the hp they do. I was however hoping that my suspension work and giant street tires would allow me to run the fastest street tire run. It looks like it will still require more power than I will have this year.

tinygiants said:
That is why I was looking up the info. I have no thoughts of running faster than the top guys, as I will not have anywhere near the hp they do. I was however hoping that my suspension work and giant street tires would allow me to run the fastest street tire run. It looks like it will still require more power than I will have this year.

Your suspension upgrades will go a long way in getting you to hook up!
I Thought if someone says street tires,they are talking about O.E.M. rubber.??:dontknow: Can't wait to see pic's when your done....:rock:

Not all about tire size, you can run low ETs with street tires with narrow section width, be interesting to see how his suspension was set up. Suspension is what traction is all about. My 0.02c

Carlwalski said:
Not all about tire size, you can run low ETs with street tires with narrow section width, be interesting to see how his suspension was set up. Suspension is what traction is all about. My 0.02c
With over 800 hp on street tires your not going to get enough traction to run low 11's with these trucks. You'll understand after you try to a few times in your new RC.

Touche, light rear end too. Still, move weight around again, it's not "all" about big tires, far from it. I've seen low 10s done by big muscle with 275 and 295 BFGoodrich Radial T/As, it's mind blowing. Mind you, they're a different kettle of fish. With that kind of hp (800hp+), shouldn't this truck be going faster? Like, low 10s? Maybe it is possible, 11s with bugger all traction. ?

sleeper said:
Stinkers RC truck runs in the low 11's with slicks and around 1000whp. 10's are real hard to get with a RC.
This is exactly my point. I never would have thought that a low 11 second pass was possible on stock street rubber. I thought it may be possible with major traction upgrades, but not stock rear and rubber.

That is why that run was surprising by 13banger.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back