1/4 Mile Times

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well i went racing last night..traction sucked as always....there was no track prep what so ever even the big nasty cars wouldn't hook up at all anyway..on to my question what are som of you guys running on street tires??? heres the best time i've pulled so far.. but i'm spinning bad and pedaling it threw 3rd gear cause it's still spining..an at this track for some reason i always let out a few seconds early cause the shut down area is so short...so anyway here whats the slip looks like

Reaction-.4108
60Ft-2.4744
330-6.1689
1/8th-9.0791
1/4-13.56---let out of it b4 i crossed the line
1/4 trap speed-108.25mph

i know this truck has more in it and i'm almost 100% sure it will run close to a 12 second pass on street tires if i can get them to hook up just a little bit.... on slicks an spray i'm thinking 11's but it's all in hooking up what do you guys think?

also i'm just now getting used to the truck again.. i'm sliming the numbers down i started at a 14.2 then went to a 13.7 then a 13.56

Last edited:
Go to a better maintained track.............I know your truck is faster than 13's, sounds like you had fun ,thats whats it's all about.............:rock: :burnout: :rock: launch at lower rpm's at this track,and in the burn box git those tires real sticky.............maybe better et's...:dontknow:

Tooloe said:
i will end up getting slicks but... i was launching at 1200 lol

Holy smokes leaving at 1200 and still spinning all the way down the track. :( That is frustating. Did you lower your rear tire pressure to 21 lbs or so? Nowwhat use to say clean your tires with simple green before running down the track. 13.5 with 108 mph is fast. 2.4 sixty.......you got tons left in your hot rod.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Holy smokes leaving at 1200 and still spinning all the way down the track. :( That is frustating. Did you lower your rear tire pressure to 21 lbs or so? Nowwhat use to say clean your tires with simple green before running down the track. 13.5 with 108 mph is fast. 2.4 sixty.......you got tons left in your hot rod.

patrick

i feel that there is a whole bunch left in the truck.... i'm not compairing the street to the strip.. but i can take off from a stop light and roll into the throttle and the tires whit smoke.. i can get into 2 nd and do the same thing and then also in 3rd.... last night i was sideways down the track until i get into4th:dontknow:

I hear ya dude. Back in 05 I ran a 13.5 at 104 with only a magnaflow and k&n. It would not break free at all like your talking about. Now with my 4.88's and everything else it will break free just like yours. No traction at all.....gotta feather the gas big time.

Your truck has tons left in her. If you managed a 2.0 60ft you would run 12.7 or 12.8! Very respectable IMO.

patrick

If you could get traction and get that 60' down to about 1.8 you would turn right at 12...............shutdown too short??...what do they do about vehicles running 120+...:confused:

TNVIPER said:
If you could get traction and get that 60' down to about 1.8 you would turn right at 12...............shutdown too short??...what do they do about vehicles running 120+...:confused:
well you really can't see where the 1/4 mile marks are at lol so it never fails i always shut down like a whole second to early

yeah its your 60' ft time....I ran 13.3's last week on dr's......so you should easily be in the 12's with your mods.

you should be easily low 12s very low 12s with thoes mods... shit i think we have has someone run 12.9 bone stock... and thats what dodge rated this thing at with there pro driver...... Shit my first time to a track in my life first run ever in my truck 13.3 108mph....

haha man you gotta fix that 2.5 60ft time. You can get that to 1.9 which will put you easily into a mid 12. What did you have your tire psi at? The norm is too let em down to about 20-22

mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick
Very interesting. I would like to also say your truck looks super!! I like the stance.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i ran 13.19 with nothing but the catback and the rear cat delete on street tires. link to the orignal thread with a vid:)
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18581

man i don't know how you didit at that track..... i will more than likely never go back it's bad when i'm ding 80 mph slam 4th gear and i'm skating on ice al over the track

Tooloe said:
man i don't know how you didit at that track..... i will more than likely never go back it's bad when i'm ding 80 mph slam 4th gear and i'm skating on ice al over the track
i've never had a problem with that track really, bot sure what everyone complains about?? gotta figure it can't be too bad i set the N/A record there more than once

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back