1 MILLION THREADS LIKE THIS

Itsmekylep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I know there are similar threads and i think ive finally read them all, but looking for just a little more info. Just recently my truck has started to make a funky noise , it almost sounds like a baseball card in some bicycle spokes. usually in 2nd or 3rd gear and about 3,000 rpms under a load. Doesnt seem to make the noise in neutral or while stopped. I also have to be driving next to a wall or something to reflect the sound off of or a cant really hear it. Also doesnt seem to make the noise if im barley giving it gas through the gears.

My oil cooler and P/S lines are leaking, I have new JTSVP ones that I will be installing this week also a new "white viper" filter P/N 05037836AA. If that doesnt solve it any ideas? I read a little about oil pressure relief valves but still un clear if i should get a 2006 model year replacement? Has anyone actually went to Dodge and got the 06 P/N for their 04,05? :dontknow:

ok im bumping this thread with a little more info. Truck still makes the noise 1st 2nd 2rd gear, maybe 4th 5th and 6th but by then im moving too fast to hear it. Ive replaved the oil filter with a white viper filter, replaced oil cooler lines and power steering lines with after market. I just went on a short drive and realized while humming along at around 3k rpms if i push the clutch in but leave my foot on the gas to stay in that rpm range the noise goes away. Is there anything clutch related that would make that noise? throw out bearing? i ordered a new clutch anyway so i guess ill know soon enough if thats what it is. Just curious if anyone else has experianced this??

Vibration through the shifter

Not anymore than normal. I don't think lol.

Sounds good.....

Seems like years ago I remember someone having a weird noise and his shifter was loose. I can't remember if it was the shifter handle bolts that came loose or the ones on the transmission. However, he had more than normal vibration, so never mine on my thought

Sounds good.....

Seems like years ago I remember someone having a weird noise and his shifter was loose. I can't remember if it was the shifter handle bolts that came loose or the ones on the transmission. However, he had more than normal vibration, so never mine on my thought

It's worth looking into. I think someone told me to pull the leather housing up and check the bolts and maybe a bushing?

Damn Kyle, that sound is gonna break your bank account, lol. Shoulda bought a QC. :D

Let me go for a cruise with you after the cruise on Central this Saturday and maybe I can help you narrow it down. :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back