100LL aviation grade Fuel and 92 octane

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used 100LL aviation grade Fuel and 92 octane without ethonal?
:dontknow:

pros / cons?

I've run av100 in my 2 & 4 stroke motocross bikes before as a substitute for leaded or oxygenated race fuel. Considering av100 is made to burn at high elevations at a fixed throttle position, it's an okay race fuel for a motorcycle that I replace the piston/rings on every 20 hours. For a Viper motor? You'd have to be very dedicated to shaving an extra tenth off you 1/4 times. I don't think it would make any difference if your CR isn't north of 12.5:1. And you would need to tune your a/f ratio. Only oxygentated race fuels make more power. A leaded race fuel does allow you to build a more radical engine, which makes more power, but that power doesn't come from the fuel. The fuel just keeps it alive. The "LL" stands for low lead btw, which will render your cats useless if you still run them.

Thx for the info, no cats. IF I run it will do some data logging to see where all is at.
The rains are starting so might not make this year. :(

i do, i run it straight and sometime mix 2cycle lube in it, nothing wrong with using it if the sensors are shut off, its about the best fuel you can use, its not a specific rpm only fuel and its not an high altitude only fuel, as iv said and has been told befor, an aircrafts hardest job is takeing off on a runway from dead stop to lift off, the engine is working its hardest on the ground, i been using it for years in cars trucks to high compression race engines, just check your plugs.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back