10lbs and WOHOOOO

DevilDawg3097

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets just say I am now a proud member of the 600 club and w/Nos the 700:marchmellow: I did hit 10lbs of boost with the 10lb pulley:rock: Did not lean out either, that was with a mild 93 tune From Torrie that worked with the 6lb and then the 10lb :confused: When I get the graphs back I will post them. But wow with the 10lb it feels like a different truck. Before in 5th gear I was barely able to get 2lbs of boost at 80 plus now 5th gear at 80mph I am at 2500 and can peak boost in 5th. Oh and 350Z's aint shit 80mph roll in 5th and he couldnt keep up:burnout: :burnout: Time to tear into again:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

I was at 615hp 645tq mustang dyno. Oh I am also a memeber of the Passenger side wheel well melting club.:marchmellow: First Time I have seen my headers glowing red:dontknow: Thinking of putting back on the stock manifolds. Cast may not cool as fast but it also doesnt get that hot that fast. Jury is still out:p

DevilDawg3097 said:
I was at 615hp 645tq mustang dyno. Oh I am also a memeber of the Passenger side wheel well melting club.:marchmellow: First Time I have seen my headers glowing red:dontknow: Thinking of putting back on the stock manifolds. Cast may not cool as fast but it also doesnt get that hot that fast. Jury is still out:p

Sounds like she may be running lean if those headers are getting that damn hot man. I hope you are monitoring you A/F and KR! They will get hot but should never be glowing. That's where another source of detonation comes from and it's called pre-ignition where the temps are so hot due to lean conditions the incoming fuel/air charge ignites from temperature prematurely and not ignited by the spark plug. Hope all's good though and she sounds like a beast!;)

DevilDawg3097 said:

Sweet:rock: but I don't know about the headers glowing red man:confused:

VENOMOUS1 said:
Sounds like she may be running lean if those headers are getting that damn hot man. I hope you are monitoring you A/F and KR! They will get hot but should never be glowing. That's where another source of detonation comes from and it's called pre-ignition where the temps are so hot due to lean conditions the incoming fuel/air charge ignites from temperature prematurely and not ignited by the spark plug. Hope all's good though and she sounds like a beast!;)

All the numbers were good, I was told it is still alittle rich around 5400 rpms. I think it is also still because I still have stock exhaust :eek: all 4 cats which is kinda of a no no for FI imo anyway ( but that is changing also:p )

And Viper they are bassanis.

My headers also turned red on the dyno. They are melting the right side inter fender. Oh congrates on the numbers.

Congrats.

Love the sound of Bassani's the best to be honest.

At very least take the cats off, use a piece of rebar, and punch em thru....

Your exhaust isnt letting your motor breath enough, especially once the gigle gas is on. (Trust me I know all about exhaust restrictions, lol. Melted a head due to stock header restriction.)

I know:marchmellow: I have justins pipes but where too loud to be pissing people off at 0530 every morning:eek: So I put the old pipes on but with some advice from TNViper I will be going that route this winter. Thats why I dynoed it, I have a few other things to do. SO of course come spring with my updates and slight mods and gears I will dyno again with an aggresive tune:burnout: :p When will the madness end:marchmellow:

Dawg you sure you are running a rich A/F with Torres' 6LB tune and 10LB pulley?.....glowing headers are not good either....but the Bassani's will melt the driver's side wheel well if you dont insulate or cut..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back