11's in a QC

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know mostly everyone runs DR's at the track, but are there any QC's that run 11's in the 1/4 mile on street tires? What would it take? HP, suspension, track, weight and weather?

This would put us in Super Car territory. Most exotics are running 11's. It would be nice to know that we could compete with them in every day driving. Just a thought.

SCT with some NOS could get you there. Cold weather with a low DA will help greatly. If you have FI then the issue is traction. Need sub 2.0 60's.

alot of you guys are allready in supercar territory:rock:

but to show it at the track is gonna take some suspension modding.

a full trade off, of going to a smaller rear tire, changing the rear ratio to accomidate it , and then that way you could get some wide rubber on the road.

but too, you would be surprised, we have actually alot that are low 11 second runners, but the traction at the moment is the problem.

I thinnk Eddies truck after watching it at panama should be a high 11 second truck, but even with DR's at the track when I watched close he was still slipping the tire off the line;)

blackviper said:
I know mostly everyone runs DR's at the track, but are there any QC's that run 11's in the 1/4 mile on street tires? What would it take? HP, suspension, track, weight and weather?

This would put us in Super Car territory. Most exotics are running 11's. It would be nice to know that we could compete with them in every day driving. Just a thought.

Let's wait for Moroso to open this fall and see how close you are(I think you'll be closer than you think)!!!!!:burnout:

Gonna be hard getting ~1.7 60' without DRs...it has been done..Pirateman comes to mind........track prep is a main factor....Bristol does little track prep for street cars and I could not get any traction with street tires after installing the 10LB pulley and getting Torres' tune..

11s would not be a problem on a DR , my buddie had full exhaust intake adn a 75 shot of NO2 . stock tires . and runs 12.4... so im sure you could up the shot a lil bit and a tire adn 11s would be no problem

11.219 The number 5 slot in the timeslip database.

I plan to be close to that, but I am not sure my street tires will count. They are the 33 X 22 Mickey Thompsons.

Here is a 12.0 sec 1/4 mile run on a stock QC with just a stage2, race gas, and 175 shot of NOS on street tires. If Mike got a better launch he would have been in the 11's for sure.

I guess it's feasible to have a 11 second daily driver. I would love to see the expression on somebody's face driving any of the known Super Cars and having a 3 ton truck give them a spanking.:dontknow:

That is why I can't wait to finish my Durango. AWD will let me put the power to the ground without needing drag radials. Pieces are slowly coming together now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back