12.38 N/A ZOOM!!

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
thanks man, i'm down around temple, texas:D and i learned how to race in an 02 mustang GT, the very first pass i ever made in my truck was a 13.42 and i hit the rev limiter in 3rd and all it had was the magnaflow, Lovethis truck had QC that just had a JMB intake and ran 13.88 up at ennis.

I'm curious... what did your truck run on a good pass (not hitting rev-limiter...or do you have to ride it out like that in the 1/4 mile in a stock-powered truck? Pardon my ignorance) when you just had the Magnaflow?

At Ennis my '99L ran 13.9 stock (95^F that day...yuck), and my '04 L ran 13.40 stock (75^ day... better). Of course, its a lot easier to drive an L than a 6-speed SC truck.

So you went from a 13.4 to a 12.3 with just the mods listed in your sig + slicks? That's ridiculously impressive. I'd imagine some of that was due to "seat time", too. :congrats:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
yup thats temple academy, i live about 2 miles from the track, and a qc with a tune will run mid 13's a member here had one and i think it ran 13.47?? it was a silver 05

Wow... Temple has just changed a lot. I guess there is no more "bridge" that runs over the track? Used to it would be nearly dangerous to be filming from the outside of the right lane, too.

That is great you live so close to a 1/4 mile track. I'm 1.5 hrs from Ennis and then they closed Hallsville ... which is 2 hrs away, but was never crowded, so I could get a ton of runs in there.

WA 2 FST said:
I'm curious... what did your truck run on a good pass (not hitting rev-limiter...or do you have to ride it out like that in the 1/4 mile in a stock-powered truck? Pardon my ignorance) when you just had the Magnaflow?

At Ennis my '99L ran 13.9 stock (95^F that day...yuck), and my '04 L ran 13.40 stock (75^ day... better). Of course, its a lot easier to drive an L than a 6-speed SC truck.

So you went from a 13.4 to a 12.3 with just the mods listed in your sig + slicks? That's ridiculously impressive. I'd imagine some of that was due to "seat time", too. :congrats:
my best on street tires with just he magnaflow was a 13.19 at around 106mph, then with the slicks it droped to 12.80 and then i changed everything else at once and the weather got cool, and seat time helps a lot i've prob got abotu 40+ passes in the truck and prob over 100 in my mustang(that car just wouldn't break)

WA 2 FST said:
Wow... Temple has just changed a lot. I guess there is no more "bridge" that runs over the track? Used to it would be nearly dangerous to be filming from the outside of the right lane, too.

That is great you live so close to a 1/4 mile track. I'm 1.5 hrs from Ennis and then they closed Hallsville ... which is 2 hrs away, but was never crowded, so I could get a ton of runs in there.

yeah the bridge has been gone for a few years now, used to be fun when i was little to be up there when the top ET or outlaw 10.5" cars ran, the track itself is better now but the stands and bathrooms and what not are really starting to get bad, i don't like getting in teh stands because i'm affraid my big butt will fall thru one day

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
my best on street tires with just he magnaflow was a 13.19 at around 106mph, then with the slicks it droped to 12.80 and then i changed everything else at once and the weather got cool, and seat time helps a lot i've prob got abotu 40+ passes in the truck and prob over 100 in my mustang(that car just wouldn't break)

13.19 @ 106 with just a magnaflow c/b is flying. There's certainly no Lightning with a catback (unless he's racing on one of those downhill, northeast, wind-at-your-back, -1500DA tracks) running those times.

My 13.40 was @ 102. Pulley, CAI and DRs = 12.8 @ 109. While that is an extremely limited amount of funds to pick up that kind of gain, it looks like you have spent very little (relatively speaking... not trying to sound like moneybags, here) to pick up some huge gains. On a factory-blown motor, that's pretty realistic, but on N/A motors, it's often not that easy.

Good to hear these trucks respond so well to basic mods. I'd love to have a QC that ran as good as my L does now, but I do not want to compromise the _stock_ motor, and I don't care to spend $$ on a built motor. I'm looking at several QC's with under 6k miles. It would be my daily driver, so reliability is top-priority over speed. I have something else for that need.

Thanks for all the info. Sorry if I've hijacked your thread. There's too much good info here...couldn't help but ask some questions.

no problem man, i thought these trucks were pretty slow too untill i drove mine(3 days after i test drove a lightning) and i knew then they wern't as slow as i'd seen them run at the trackand for total spent i'm at abotu 2500 bucks witht the slick and all and i got a great deal on my headers and midpipes used

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i got a great deal on my headers and midpipes used
And he means GREAT DEAL...darn Brad you homo! :D :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back