17" steel wheel question.

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I contacted our wheel supplier today and he informed me ofna company that does custom steel wheels. I want to run the m and h 390-40r17

Will a 17 clear the caliper?

Should I go with a 17x10 or 17x12 (12 recommended)

What backspacing will clear the spring and not have the tire stick way out: 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5"

Could someone who has a set of aluminum wheels measure the distance to the spring ( if your using a 4.5" backspacing both eagle 058 and pacer warrior are.)

17's are the smallest you can go on any Ram. If you have an 04, yes they should fit. But they will not fit over our fixed calipers

If you grind down the Calipers about 1/8" 16" rims will fit on the back. I have a set of eagle 058's with M&H 390-40-17's in the shed if you want to have a look. they stick out a couple inches..... Put them on and take some measurements.... if ya like

If you grind down the Calipers about 1/8" 16" rims will fit on the back. I have a set of eagle 058's with M&H 390-40-17's in the shed if you want to have a look. they stick out a couple inches..... Put them on and take some measurements.... if ya like

Perfect that would work i can get the exact measurements I need. Rad said you were camping let me know when your back.

I have 17" wheels on my Plymouth with the srt10 rear end and brakes. I had to grind the calipers almost to nothing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back