180018 miles and Brain Damage

THEWELSHM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well running the truck to the jobsite 2 weeks ago and she felt like it was running on 8? I had just gassed up so immediate thought GAS? Then I thought I have done 100k on Tony's coils and wires??? Hmmmm?? I ordered a new set from Tony :rock::rock:and spent the weekend doing plugs, wires, coils etc. #7 and #9 plugs were sooty, ( apparent culprit cylinders) After busting my hump over the weekend I fired her up still on 8??? :mad::mad::mad::mad: I took the truck to the dealer and for $133.00 they would perform an analysis ( why didn't I think of this before??) anyway the result was their equipment could communicate with Agness's( her name :D) PCU:mad:also that those parts are obsolete for an 06? I asked them to do an old fashioned compression test? They obliged for another $260.00 , I got informed " possible no compression on 7?" Last night not to be without a ride I bought a Jeep SRT 8, and am having Agness sent home tomorrow to park for a while...:mad: Makes no sense truck is like new.. No smoke noise or rattles ( other than normal) question here is Do I part her out? Fix her? HMMMMM:dontknow:

Thewelshm

Sorry to here that. One of my demon coil packs went out on me a few weeks ago. Had them for about 5 years. Replace it and all was good. What year jeep you bought?.

Send truck to Tony. He fix Good! :) never waste a good truck! probably a leaking exhaust valve. Stock springs suck!! :) A simple valve job maybe all it needs.....

Congrats on the jeep. You said your truck is almost perfect I would say fix it up. Good luck

Perfect excuse to build it stronger! Why part it out if it's in overall good shape? I know you may be able to make more money parting it out, but for the love of these trucks at least give someone else the option to buy it as is and rebuild it before parting it out.

Fix her! No reason to dismantle her. I'd be happy to make her right for you once again. :rock:

I highly doubt it's the motor. It's just not going to go bad one day. I just bought a small girlcerdes with a misfire. Dealer told the owner that one cylinder was dead and needed a new motor. It was just the coil pack that was dead. Bought it and motor was perfect. Just keep looking. Make sure you have all the injectors plugged in .

I highly doubt it's the motor. It's just not going to go bad one day. I just bought a small girlcerdes with a misfire. Dealer told the owner that one cylinder was dead and needed a new motor. It was just the coil pack that was dead. Bought it and motor was perfect. Just keep looking. Make sure you have all the injectors plugged in .

ROFL @ that dealer. I sometimes think they just tell people yeah the motor i shot so you'll buy a new car from them. I still remember when a Dodge dealer told me my truck spun a rod bearing and then offered to sell me a new truck.

OP if you have over 180k on your truck congrats, your long overdue for a rebuild anyway. Its up to you as to rather or not you want to keep your truck or sell it. There is nothing like the presence of these trucks on the roads. Unless dodge drops a hellcat motor into a ram (they still could/might) we still have the baddest truck on the planet.

well she has gone to NC with Tony today.....By the way great guy, I've been talking to and buying stuff off him for 10 yrs but only met today :)

Another truck that will be around for a while

thewelshm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back