1932 Helicon

SilvrSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was just sent to me. Don't know if it's real or not but thought it was interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1932 Helicron

Betcha never saw one of these!

In the late 1930s this one-of-a-kind Helicron was placed in a barn and forgotten. More than six decades later this odd lost little gem was rediscovered, rebuilt, and reintroduced to the world... Although the manufacturer is unknown, it's believed that this car was built in France 1932. Following the first World War it was not uncommon for recently displaced airplane engineers to look towards the automobile industry for employment.

As in this example, a few entrepreneurs developed propeller-powered cars with the notion that propeller power was an efficient means of moving a vehicle. On this car, when the wooden propeller is spinning at full speed and efficiently, this little 1,000-pound boat-tailed skiff can hit freeway speeds exceeding 75 mph. This is the one and only Helicron in existence, owned by Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN.

Attachments

• ATT00000.jpg
    ATT00000.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 101
  • ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 73
  • ATT00002.jpg
    ATT00002.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 58
  • ATT00003.jpg
    ATT00003.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 61
  • ATT00004.jpg
    ATT00004.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 60
  • ATT00005.jpg
    ATT00005.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 47
  • ATT00006.jpg
    ATT00006.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 63
Saw that car on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage on the Speed channel a week or so ago. Dennis drove the car and what a site that was!

new meanin to "bump draft" for sure:rock::rock::rock:

neat little car:burnout::burnout:

jerew65 said:
Saw that car on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage on the Speed channel a week or so ago. Dennis drove the car and what a site that was!

:dito:
Damn that thing is loud!:rock:

Be fun driving downtown, jaywalkers, bike messengers, etc.;) :D

I like everyone standing there. You wouldn't get that close to a prop on a plane, but since this is a car............then it must be ok :D

walbert said:
I like everyone standing there. You wouldn't get that close to a prop on a plane, but since this is a car............then it must be ok :D
Just checking safety features for a new Boarder Patrol Vehicle:rock: :rock: :D

And if you hit a deer... SUSHI!!!

And if you hit a deer?! Voila Sushi!!:congrats:
SilvrSRT10 said:
This was just sent to me. Don't know if it's real or not but thought it was interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1932 Helicron

Betcha never saw one of these!

In the late 1930s this one-of-a-kind Helicron was placed in a barn and forgotten. More than six decades later this odd lost little gem was rediscovered, rebuilt, and reintroduced to the world... Although the manufacturer is unknown, it's believed that this car was built in France 1932. Following the first World War it was not uncommon for recently displaced airplane engineers to look towards the automobile industry for employment.

As in this example, a few entrepreneurs developed propeller-powered cars with the notion that propeller power was an efficient means of moving a vehicle. On this car, when the wooden propeller is spinning at full speed and efficiently, this little 1,000-pound boat-tailed skiff can hit freeway speeds exceeding 75 mph. This is the one and only Helicron in existence, owned by Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN.

Hey...also the first car with factory air.....;) :D Cool find.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back