1951 Chevy Truck

womsterr

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anyone makes a repro truck bed for an old 1951 Chevy Truck?

place in atlanta,ga does ill try to find the name of it

try southern motor company 864-843-0988 had a 51 5 wiindow with a 350 chevy with a turbo 400 behind it, awesome truck. got a few pics of it somewhere, will try to post them.

Last edited:
Yes all the bed parts are available through multiple companies . Mar-K seems to be one of the oldest doing this and do have quality stuff . Being in Tx we do a lot of trucks .Matter o fact mine is a 51 standard LS2 /Full Air-Ride ,4 link etc . If you get to the bed wood and want something other than the standard oak and pine ,get ahold of me .The last one we did was Apsalong wood and mine is getting done in mesquite , I hate to follow the masses so we found a mill to do us any kind o wood we want . Any thing on these trucks you cant find just yell at me
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hey! Has anyone done an SRT 10 bed with wood? Pics please...

I tried to post some pix but for some reason they just will not upload to the site .Never had that problem ?
Prof never seen a wood bed in one of ours ,wood you like to be the first <G> it would take some work to do right (replace bed floor completly ) or would be cheaper to do an overlay but doubt that would look as clean
Have A Kind Day
Mike
Got um

Hotrodmike said:
I tried to post some pix but for some reason they just will not upload to the site .Never had that problem ?
Prof never seen a wood bed in one of ours ,wood you like to be the first <G> it would take some work to do right (replace bed floor completly ) or would be cheaper to do an overlay but doubt that would look as clean
Have A Kind Day
Mike
Got um

Very Tempting...haven't been to TX in years...attended TCU many, many years ago...

Maybe after the Mopar Nationals and the Power Tour...this summer! I will look at the calendar and check with the employed one in the family. Maybe leave it with you and get dings and scratches worked on and get a custom black on black (with a little purple ghost work thrown in) too!

Are you going to make the power tour or Mopar Nationals this year?

Wow too funny, you guys having 51 chevys. I'v been trying to buy my friends 51 for 6 months now. He still won't budge. Maybe some day.

I've got a '48, '49, '50, '51 Chevy Truck in the shop I need to get back to working on. Have it completely off the frame and doing the Mustang II front suspension. I've got the Chevy 350 (4 bolt) built and a 700R4 behind it. I've installed a rear axle out of an Explorer with 3.73 limited slip gears and it will have 4 wheel disc brakes. Maybe this spring I'll start putting things back together.

Prof said:
Very Tempting...haven't been to TX in years...attended TCU many, many years ago...

Maybe after the Mopar Nationals and the Power Tour...this summer! I will look at the calendar and check with the employed one in the family. Maybe leave it with you and get dings and scratches worked on and get a custom black on black (with a little purple ghost work thrown in) too!

Are you going to make the power tour or Mopar Nationals this year?
Well personaly I would love to go and even have tossed it around a bit but always seems to boil down to time and money or should I restate the lack of time or money but know the Ol lady would go for it in a heart beat if I told her we would detour to Minn and see the grandkids .
If you do get serious about the paint work do give me plenty of lead time as we tend to get booked fairly far in advance .Right now we are fairly slow being I had 3 unfinished cars leave as the customers had run out of money so really threw our time frame off but since rodders are like bear and hibernation is soon over ,I'm sure it will go back to being back logged
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back