1969 Pontiac GTO for sale (July 07)

JapanAaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, hate to sell her but bought a 55 Chevy 210 here in Japan. Need to get rid of her this summer.
Red w/white interior
Equipped with the following Factory options:
Power steering
Power drum brakes
15" Rallye II wheels
TH 400 Transmission
original cruise control
HISTORY
I purchased the car in Central Illinois, October 2004 as a "father-son" project. Car has been in storage since purchase and only driven approximately 100 miles. Original color was green. Has clear Illinois title and registered in current owner's name.
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
This car is powered by a non original (nicely detailed) Pontiac 400c.i. motor and TH-400 tranmission. Engine runs fine but will need a carb rebuild from sitting in storage. I do not know if any internals have been modified. Transmission shifts fine and firm.
INTERIOR
Most of the interior was removed after mouse intrusion in the winter of 2005. Seats, door panels (front and rear) and carpet were removed. Door panels are driver quality and have 4" speakers mounted through them by the previous owner. Headliner will also need to be replaced. Center console is in good condition, original Pontiac steering wheel is in great condition. Car has aftermarket am/fm radio cassette installed. Front seats are in fair condition, drivers seat will need new foam. When I removed the carpet several rust holes approximately 4"x4" were discovered, but could be patched. The rest of the floor is solid. Front firewall extensions would also need to be replaced in the corners. Non cracked or warped original dash, although previous owner drilled and installed a 2 1/2" oil pressure gauge.
BODY
The front bumper has the usual stress cracks. Car does need new rear quarters, somebody installed new quarters several years ago and obviously didn't know what they were doing. Car was painted by a beginner and will need new paint. Trunk lid has bubbling on the rear lower edge. I removed rear window molding and found only one dime sized rust hole. Grille, grille inserts, hood, fenders, doors, jambs, hinges, upper cowl, front window frame, roof are EXCELLENT & SOLID! ~ no issues at all. Doors shut solid and do not sag. Glass is good, no cracks or chips. Trunk is solid with "no" rust. Rear bumper is creased on the passenger side. Rear taillight bezels are pitted.
What does the car need?
Rear quarters, carpet, headliner, floor patched, interior work and a nice paint job.
Extra's included
Included in this sale are the following: newly rechromed GM original rear bumper ($450), new front turn signal housings and lenses, emblem set, restored 15x8 Pontiac rallye II wheels, new ceramic coated headers, newly rebuilt and never started 70 Pontiac 455 .060 (ask for details), new Pontiac TH-400, original GM taillight bezels (no pits), factory original Rallye gauge panel with tachometer ($350), aftermarket 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit ($1000), 67 His/Hers shifter and shifter console, 67 GTO 4.11 posi rear end, new flexplate, new harmonic balancer, numerous other small parts, too much to list.

This would be a perfect car to restore into a Judge clone or resto mod with all the best of today's parts. If interested I will include a rebuildable Pontiac 400 engine from a 1971 Firebird (runs but low oil pressure). Car is driveable but currently is not registered, I would recommend trailer pickup.
Please request any photos of the car that you would require in assisting you in making your decision. I can email more pics to you upon request. I will be on vacation at the location of the car and not at my home address in July
please email questions or requests for additional pictures to: [email protected]
asking price: $9500

Attachments

• 69 GTO #3.JPG
    69 GTO #3.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 14,457
  • 69 GTO #7.JPG
    69 GTO #7.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 8,733
  • 69 GTO #9.JPG
    69 GTO #9.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 1,414
  • 69 GTO #12.JPG
    69 GTO #12.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 4,898
Last edited:
what would be your price with out the other part's?
just car.
i do like it and if the price is right i think i will take it?
would take the part's for the car but not the motors?
his/her shifter, headers, bezels, and disc brakes but not the motors.

sleeper said:
Got any pics of the rust holes? Whats wrong with the rear quarters?

Whoever installed the rear quarters just slapped them on over the old ones. It looks as if they lapped the two over each other. For a driver quality car, you could probably have the old filler ground down and new filler placed over the rough areas (in front of the rear wheels), but I like doing a car right and not take any short cuts.

Whitesnake said:
what would be your price with out the other part's?
just car.
i do like it and if the price is right i think i will take it?
would take the part's for the car but not the motors?
his/her shifter, headers, bezels, and disc brakes but not the motors.

I would have to really think on that one. Really want this out of my garage as a package deal. Make an offer without the motors and we'll see. Just thought I would see if any fellow SRT-10 owners would be interested before it goes out to the world on ebay.

JapanAaron said:
I would have to really think on that one. Really want this out of my garage as a package deal. Make an offer without the motors and we'll see. Just thought I would see if any fellow SRT-10 owners would be interested before it goes out to the world on ebay.

well i would like to see pic's of everything you have and what i would get?
motor of the car and rearend trans and more of the body.
the 1/4 panel that we are talking about and all the part's that are coming with the price you want?

Whitesnake said:
well i would like to see pic's of everything you have and what i would get?
motor of the car and rearend trans and more of the body.
the 1/4 panel that we are talking about and all the part's that are coming with the price you want?

Ok, I will see what I can do. Unfortunately I am in Japan and the car is in Illinois. Will try to get as many pics as possible. Here are some that I took back in fall 04 when I purchased the car. The parts that come with the car are still packaged in the original boxes and unopened, except for the new TH400 tranny, 67 4.11 posi diff. Thanks again for the interest.

Attachments

• 69 GTO #1.JPG
    69 GTO #1.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 741
  • 69 GTO #2.JPG
    69 GTO #2.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 464
  • 69 GTO #5.JPG
    69 GTO #5.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 69 GTO #8.JPG
    69 GTO #8.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 414
  • 69 GTO #10.JPG
    69 GTO #10.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 33,609
JapanAaron said:
Ok, I will see what I can do. Unfortunately I am in Japan and the car is in Illinois. Will try to get as many pics as possible. Here are some that I took back in fall 04 when I purchased the car. The parts that come with the car are still packaged in the original boxes and unopened, except for the new TH400 tranny, 67 4.11 posi diff. Thanks again for the interest.

ok those look good, but how about now???????
so when exactly do you get over here?

if you have any more pic's i would like to see?

does pics were in 04, how's 07 pic's???????

Whitesnake said:
ok those look good, but how about now???????
so when exactly do you get over here?

if you have any more pic's i would like to see?

does pics were in 04, how's 07 pic's???????

Pics for 07 would be exactly the same for 04, except for the following: door panels have been removed (dry storage), carpet removed (mouse infested), rear seat removed (dry storage), paint (no change, sucks). Engine runs fine and car was driven in July 06 for approximately 25 miles. Carb would need a rebuild from sitting. Brakes work fine for drum, tranny shifts great, all gauges work fine. Will work on getting more pics. Again, the paint in the pic was taken on a cloudy day, so it looks a lot more shiny than it really is. Car has lots of orange peel. Depending on how much color was shot originally, probably could be wet sanded and recleared. I will be home on June 29th of this year. Will hold for serious offer or interested parties. Again, wanted to give a fellow SRT-10 owner a chance at her before I release it to the mass on ebay.

Last edited:
JapanAaron said:
Pics for 07 would be exactly the same for 04, except for the following: door panels have been removed (dry storage), carpet removed (mouse infested), rear seat removed (dry storage), paint (no change, sucks). Engine runs fine and car was driven in July 06 for approximately 25 miles. Carb would need a rebuild from sitting. Brakes work fine for drum, tranny shifts great, all gauges work fine. Will work on getting more pics. Again, the paint in the pic was taken on a cloudy day, so it looks a lot more shiny than it really is. Car has lots of orange peel. Depending on how much color was shot originally, probably could be wet sanded and recleared. I will be home on June 29th of this year. Will hold for serious offer or interested parties. Again, wanted to give a fellow SRT-10 owner a chance at her before I release it to the mass on ebay.

well on the June 28 is my b-day, so i do like the car and if i buy it i will have to sell one of my rides... but yeah i am liking it.... and if the price is right i will take it?

Whitesnake said:
well on the June 28 is my b-day, so i do like the car and if i buy it i will have to sell one of my rides... but yeah i am liking it.... and if the price is right i will take it?

The best b-day and Christmas presents are always those you purchase for yourself. Always the right color and right size. I don't want you to buy it until I get home and get the detailed pics you need. I paid $8000 for it in 2004, and have purchased over $4000 in parts. Again, you get the car, two engines, 4.11 67 Chevelle diff, new TH400 tranny, full Hyperflex poly bushing kit, new PST poly suspension kit, complete 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit, emblems, restored 15x8" Rallye II wheels, new fast ratio steering gear box, new front and rear sway bars, new aluminum radiator with cooling fans, 67 His-Hers shifter, rallye gauge cluster with tach, new rear bumper, new taillight bezels and much much more. I really can't remember all that I have purchased for the car. Will get back to you on the pricing info.

JapanAaron said:
The best b-day and Christmas presents are always those you purchase for yourself. Always the right color and right size. I don't want you to buy it until I get home and get the detailed pics you need. I paid $8000 for it in 2004, and have purchased over $4000 in parts. Again, you get the car, two engines, 4.11 67 Chevelle diff, new TH400 tranny, full Hyperflex poly bushing kit, new PST poly suspension kit, complete 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit, emblems, restored 15x8" Rallye II wheels, new fast ratio steering gear box, new front and rear sway bars, new aluminum radiator with cooling fans, 67 His-Hers shifter, rallye gauge cluster with tach, new rear bumper, new taillight bezels and much much more. I really can't remember all that I have purchased for the car. Will get back to you on the pricing info.

SOUNDS GOOD!!!!:rock:

PARTS LIST

Here is a list of the parts that come with the car. I am sure that I have forgotten some items.

Aluminum radiator w/tranny cooler and dual electric cooling fans
March Serpentine pulley system
Ceramic coated headers
Energy Suspension Hyperflex system
PST complete poly suspension kit
New 1 1/8â€￾ front sway bar
New 1â€￾ rear sway bar
Rechromed original rear bumper
New quick ratio steering gear box
67 His Hers console shifter
67 4.11 posi differential
1970 pontiac 455 .060
- resized rods with arp bolts
- turned crank new cast pistons .060 over
- very mild ported heads 1974 4x casing new valve job
- edelbrock performer RPM intake
- Ram air 4 camshaft with rhoads lifters
- new timing chain
- high volume oil pump
- aluminum valve covers .
- block hot tanked and cleaned with new freeeze plugs 4/5ths windage tray
- Milodon oil pan
- Milodon aluminum high flow water pump
Accel distributor
Accel ignition system and coil
New flexplate
New harmonic balancer
ARP stainless hex head bolt kit
Rebuilt TH400 tranny
4 wheel disc brake conversion kit (complete with brake booster, master cylinder, etc)
New emblems
New rearview mirrors
Refinished Pontiac Rallye II 15x8â€￾ wheels (no trim rings or center caps)
Tubular rear trailing arms
Eibach 1 ½â€￾ lowering springs
69 GTO rallye gauge cluster w/dash tachometer
69 GTO taillight bezels original not pitted
New exterior door handles
B&M shift improver kit

FATJACK said:
Damn, Whitesnake sounds like a great deal

i think i will get it???????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: we still have to talk about the price?

there is an old man over here that has a 69 GTO w/hideaways......he want's 2500 buck's???? has some work? (no motor or tran's?) was 4 speed....
so if his price is right then i will get that one if not then i think i will get the old man's car???????

first i need to sell 1 ride so i could make the space for it?
next problem is picking it up???
that's alot of time to go there and back? also i need something to pick it up with???? so i really have to see how can i do all of this?

price

If you're thinking mine will drop to $2500... .not a chance. I will take my chances on ebay before it comes to that or sell off all the parts. Looking at around $9000.

Last edited:
JapanAaron said:
If you're thinking mine will drop to $2500... .not a chance. I will take my chances on ebay before it comes to that or sell off all the parts. Looking at around $9000.

will you take 8500?:D

Whitesnake said:
will you take 8500?:D

It would hurt... but I suppose that would be fine. :eek: I thought you dudes from Beverly Hills had big money. Drop me a PM and we'll discuss the details.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back